Adding a store
- Step 1. Prepare a YML file with information about your products.
- Step 2. Add the site to Yandex.Webmaster
- Step 3. Add information about the store
- Step 4. Send the YML file to Yandex
Step 1. Prepare a YML file with information about your products.
- See the YML file requirements.
- Configure regular YML file updates, that is the export of information about products and services from your database to the YML file.
- Place the YML file on your site.
Step 2. Add the site to Yandex.Webmaster
Step 3. Add information about the store
- In Yandex.Webmaster, go to thesection.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
Click the Edit link next to the appropriate block and specify the following information:
Enter the information about region and delivery, as well as contact information. If your company is located outside of a city or in a village, specify the nearest town or city.
Provide information about the company managing the store.
If a company has no statute (for example, if you are registered as an individual entrepreneur), in the Location specified in the statute , specify the address of the registered office. If the address of the registered office is your home address, specify this address.
Yandex doesn't disclose information about its partner companies.
Step 4. Send the YML file to Yandex
- In the Data sources tab.section, open the
In the field, enter the full URL of the YML file hosted on your site and click Add. This triggers file check. It usually takes a few minutes. If the check takes longer, make sure that the file is available for download in the browser and that its size doesn't exceed 500 MB.
- If the file's status is “OK”, it passed the check. If an error was found in the file, click details to find out more. After fixing the error, click .
- Click to link the YML file.
- Click Enable shop. If the YML file has been linked for a long time, during which it has been updated, after you click Enable shop, the file will be re-checked.
If no errors are found in the file, the store is assigned the “Enabled” status and the improved snippets appear in the Yandex search within ten days from the end of the check. While the site is participating in the “Products and prices” program, the status of the store may change.
- Go to the Products and prices section.
- Open the Data sources tab. If it doesn't display the previously uploaded YML file, add it.
- When the file check is complete, click .
- The file in the validator matches the XML schema.
- The file fully complies with the technical requirements.
- The URLs of the pages included in the search and those specified in the file are exactly the same. Keep in mind that URLs with and without the www prefix identify different pages (example.com/index and www.example.com/index).
A string like scheme: local_delivery_cost (row N, column N) or scheme: delivery-options (row N, column N) is not an error. It's displayed for all YML files and indicates the delivery scheme used.
You can find out the reason why your request was rejected in the Products and prices section of Yandex.Webmaster. Fix the specified issue and then submit the store for checking again by clicking Enable shop.
If the problem occurs due to an incorrect YML file, make sure that: