- When creating advertising layouts, you must follow Yandex’s technical requirements described below.
- Prepared materials shall be sent not later than seven business days prior to the start of an advertising campaign. If materials are sent later, Yandex does not guarantee that the advertising campaign will be launched correctly and on time.
- To place advertisements for information products subject to classification in compliance with the requirements of the Federal Law on "Protection of Children against Information which is Harmful for their Health and Development" dated 29.12.2010 № 436, the layout must contain an indication of the category of this information product.
Multi-roll, in-page video and interstitial
A multi-roll is a pre-, mid- or post-roll video appearing on any of Yandex Video Network sites.
In-page video is an ad played on text pages of Yandex Video Network website pages, as long as more than 50% of the video is displayed on the appropriate page.
An interstitial is a commercial that is played in a mobile application before loading the content of the mobile application or when changing the content in an open mobile application.
Key requirements for multi-rolls, in-page, interstitial
- Framerate: from 20 to 30 frames per second
- Aspect ratio and resolution:
— codecs: h264, vp6f, vp8, theora
— recommended aspect ratio is 16:9
— ad height must not exceed its width
— minimum width is 640 pixels
— minimum height is 240 pixels
— number of video streams: 1
- Audio format:
— codecs: aac, mp3, vorbis
— minimum quality of 44 kHz, 16 bit, stereo
— number of audio tracks: 0 or 1
- File size: up to 250 MB
- Video clip duration:
— maximum duration is 30 seconds
— recommended ad duration is 15 seconds
- Please ask your manager regarding VPAID support.
- It is possible to place a multi-roll without a link to the advertiser's website.
- Image for multi-roll with interactive elements:
— file format — jpg, png
— maximum file size — 244 Kb
— file dimensions — from 200×200 px
Any text included in a video must follow these guidelines:
— Minimum font size of 18 pixels for 640 × 360 resolution. If the video has a different resolution, it must maintain the same ratio of font size to resolution. This font size ensures that the text is readable even in small ad blocks.
— Text must be easy to read and placed on a contrasting background. It must not be blurry or blend into other design elements.
— Text should be typed in a simple, non-thin, sans-serif font with a uniform width of lines.
— The font must not be elongated. The ratio of height to width should not be more than 1.5:1.
Notices overlaid on other design elements should be placed on a special bar for contrast. The text of notices should be typed in a plain sans-serif font.
Technical requirements for video materials:
|Format||MP4, WebM, MOV, QT, FLV, AVI|
|File size||no more than 100 MB|
|Length (Video ads, CPC)||from 14.5 to 60 seconds
You can load a video clip up to 60 seconds in length, but only the first 15 seconds will be shown.
|Length (Video advertising, CPM)||from 6 to 60 seconds|
|Minimum resolution||640×360 pixels|
|Frame rate:||from 20 to 30 fps|
|Video codec||H.264, VP6 °F, VP8, Theora|
|Number of video tracks||1|
|Minimum quality||44 kHz, 16 Kbps, stereo|
|Audio codec||AAC, MP3, Vorbis|
|Number of audio tracks||no more than 1|