Your ads need to satisfy certain requirements in order to pass moderation.
Yandex does not accept advertisements for certain products and services, and there are additional rules that apply to certain subjects. This is due to legal restrictions and Yandex's advertising requirements.
Title, text, and callouts
The text of your ad must clearly state what your product or service is.
Comparatives or superlatives can only be used in your ad text or callouts if your website contains an independent expert statement that your product or service is superior to others. If no such conclusions are available, do not use words in the superlative form.
If you are advertising a news resource, your ad text must clearly indicate that the link leads to a news media site. Use phrases like “see more” and “details at” to convey this. The ad text should relate to the title and contents of the news article, indicate the news source, and link to the page where the full version of the article is published.
- Slang, rude words, or colloquial expressions
- False information (knowingly misleading promises and statements)
- Aggression provocations or calls to commit violence
- Repetition of the same words or phrases
- Contact information (for example, phone numbers, email addresses)
- Words or phrases in foreign languages (except for brands and trademarks)
- Prices in foreign currencies
- Distressing words or phrases (for example, “terrorist attack”, “murder”, “death”, “peril”) unless the products or services being advertised related to certain narrowly-targeted searches containing such words.
Make sure the following are not present in ad texts:
- Typos, grammar, and spelling mistakes
- Words written with spaces between each l e t t e r
- Words written in ALL CAPS (with the exception of abbreviations like DIY)
Website and links
Please make sure that the landing page that your ad leads to meets Yandex's requirements:
- It is relates to the ad text
- It is accessible and displays properly in all web browsers
- It does not include malicious content, links to phishing websites that steal personal data, or redirects to third party websites
- It does not contain pop-ups or pop-unders (except contact forms for online consultations, etc.)
- The ad block does not cover more than half of the first screen
- Information about discounts, products, or services mentioned in the ad is clearly visible on the landing page
- If the ad link leads to a website in a language other than that of the ad, you must let the user know about this in the ad's text.
If you use sitelinks please make sure that they meet the following requirements:
- The domain of a sitelink must match the domain of the main link from an ad. An exception is a link to a page in a social network or on Yandex.Market.
- If there are several sitelinks in the ad, they must refer to different parts of the website. If the website contains only one page, the sitelinks must refer to different parts of that page.
- Sitelinks should not duplicate the main ad link.
- Make sure that the sitelink texts and descriptions:
- Do not contain typos or grammatical errors and that the words are not capitalized and don't contain spaces between letters
- Reflect the contents of the landing page
- Are not duplicated
- Do not contain contact information
Relates to the ad text
Does not contain transliterated words
Does not contain symbols other than “
Meets the same requirements as the ad text
Keywords must be directly related to the ad content.
Avoid general keywords that do not precisely describe your product or service, e.g.: buy, apartment, discount. Replace them with phrases that articulate what your offer is: buy discount carseat, buy apartment in the center of Moscow and so on.
Ads for products and services that include “adult content” or “distressing subject matter” can only be served when users enter narrow search queries that indicate that they want to view such ads. For example, when advertising erotic lingerie, the use of more general keywords, such as underwear, is not allowed.
An ad's vCard should contain a contact phone number. Make sure the phone number is valid. Moderators may call during working hours.
You can add the following details: the contact person's name and detailed information about a product or service. Text in a vCard must meet the same requirements as ad text.
In case of online sales (if you have no retail points of sale), specify the organization's name, its OGRN (main state registration number for legal entities), or OGRNIP (main state registration number for individual entrepreneurs).
Images and icons for mobile apps
Is high-quality and high resolution
Matches the title, ad text, and contents of the landing page
Logos, watermarks, and text on the image should not take up more than 20% of the entire image. Cases where this written material is found on the product's packaging, in app screenshots or in image ads are the exceptions.
Furthermore, image text must meet the same requirements as ad text.
Interface elements must lead to a site or launch an app. This may be a button with text like “More”, “Order”, or “Purchase”. Do not add interface elements that can mislead the user or do not do what they are supposed to, such as buttons that play videos or close windows.
Images should not contain the following:
Products or logos of your competitors (for example, to compare the quality of products)
Goods and services that can not legally be advertised or whose advertisement is restricted (weapons, alcohol, narcotic and psychotropic substances, tobacco products, smoking accessories, gambling, etc.)
Design elements from Yandex webpages
Empty areas, or a single color area that takes up more than 20% of the whole image
You can use the image of a product that is similar in appearance to a weapon if it is plain and clear that the advertised product is not actually a weapon.
Images for advertising funeral services or adult only products are not accepted. Images with an erotic or sexual subtext may not be accepted, as well as images whose meaning is ambiguous or that may shock the user or provoke a negative response.
The app icon in ads for mobile apps must not contain images and text referring to products and services that are prohibited or restricted from being advertised by the laws of the Russian Federation (weapons, alcohol, narcotic and psychotropic substances, tobacco products, smoking accessories, gambling, etc.).
Requirements for the creative in image ads differ from those for other types of pictures. Notably, you can use your logo and contact information.
All information required by legislation and Yandex's Ad Serving Rules must be present in the creative, including age restrictions and warnings. The information must be clearly visible and easy to read.
Creative must have clear visible borders and an opaque background. The border color must not match the background color. Ad creative cannot be deformed, contain compression artifacts, or be presented in a form that makes it difficult to understand (obfuscated).
The ad text should be present on the creative itself, and the text's color should contrast against the background and be easily readable (please avoid overly bright colors).
You cannot use rapid animations, flickering graphic elements, or a flashing background when using GIFs for your creative. The time it takes to switch between frames of animation should be sufficient to read all of the text shown on that frame.
Interface elements in the creative must lead to the site or launch the app. This may be a button with text like “More”, “Order”, or “Purchase”. Do not add interface elements that can mislead the user or do not do what they are supposed to, such as buttons that play videos or close windows.
You can upload your own background video clips into the Ad Builder for video extensions. Your video clips should be high quality and clear with no compression artifacts. You cannot use rapid animations, flickering graphic elements, or a flashing background for your video clip animation. Videos should not contain the following:
- Interface elements that can mislead the user or do not do what they are supposed to
- Images that don't reflect the ad text or content of the landing page
- Images that send a vague message, are shocking, or provoke a negative response
- Realistic-looking images of illnesses, medical procedures/operations, or acts of war
- Speech should be grammatically correct and easy to understand, and the audio should be free of background noise and harsh or excessively loud sounds
- Audio should match the title, ad text, and content of the landing page
- Audio should be in sync with the video clip
The full list of advertising rules and requirements is given in the following documents: