- Interface description
- How to add a new client
- What does “chief representative” mean? What rights do a regular representative and a client representative?
- How to designate a new representative
- How to delete a representative
- How to transfer campaign access to a representative
- How to change a representative’s role
- How to change the chief representative
- What do I do if I forgot the password for the chief representative’s username?
- We placed an ad for a client from another region. How do we check if the ads are being displayed?
- What are the reasons for granting access to statistics to the client? How do I do that?
- How to change the address where messages from Yandex.Direct are delivered
- Is it possible to show the agency’s contact information to a client in the interface?
- Why can’t the agency place its own ad on Yandex.Direct under the agency’s username?
You are taken to Yandex.Direct’s agent interface when you use an agency representative username. Advertising agencies have access to some functions and sections that are not available to regular users of Yandex.Direct.
The “My clients” section lists information about your clients: username, full name, contact information, and other information. The chief representative and other representatives see information about all of the agency’s clients, while client representatives only see information for their own clients.
By clicking on a client’s username, you are taken to a list of their campaigns.
“Search” is a tool that lets you quickly find a client or campaign by the specified parameter.
The following options are available in the “Administration” section:
- Agency representative parameters — displays which rights the representative has (chief representative, agency representative, client representative). You can read more about the system of representatives here.
- All campaigns of my subclients — all of the campaigns of the representative’s clients are listed.
- Statistics for agency clients — a summary of total campaign indicators for each of your clients.
- Transfer funds — a tool that allows funds to be moved among an agency’s clients.
- Monitoring disabled keyword phrases allows you to quickly find out which phrases have been disabled due to low CTR and, if necessary, create new ads with these phrases.
- Position monitoring by keyword phrase makes it possible to quickly find phrases that have been displaced to a less advantageous place.
- Agency representatives — information about all agency representatives (available only to chief representatives).
- Raise limit of requests for “Keywords statistics” — a setting that makes working with “Keyword statistics” easier. If you often consult “Keyword statistics”, increasing the limit of requests will allow you to enter the code from the picture less frequently.
When new clients appear, enter a new client username for them. We would like to call to your attention that the Yandex Advertising Requirements prohibit placing different clients under the same username.
Go to the “Place an ad” section and click the link “Register username for new client”.
You will be directed to the Yandex.Passport page.
On the first step, enter the agency’s name in the “Name” field and the client’s name in the “Surname” field. Think of a username for the client. On the next step, you will need to think of a password and security question that will be used to recover the password (you will need to tell the client the username and password when they first need it). It is recommended to complete all fields, including the alternative e-mail address and mobile phone number.
After registering the client’s username, you will return to the “Place an ad” section. The registered username will automatically appear in the “Username” field. Click “Next”.
Complete all fields on the next page. This information will be displayed on the “My clients” page. In the “E-mail” field, indicate the address where notifications about the ad campaign will be sent.
You can edit this information by using the “Edit” link across from your username on the “My clients” page.
3. What does “chief representative” mean? What rights do a regular representative and a client representative?
The representatives system provides employees of an agency different levels of access to manage campaigns.
There are three levels of access for one agency:
- The Chief representative has access to all of the agency’s clients and campaigns. They can register new representatives and delete existing ones. Some of the interface’s features (“Agency representatives, “Raise limit of requests in ‘keyword statistics’”, “Assign clients to agency representatives”) are only available to the chief representative.
- Representatives have access to all clients and campaigns. They can edit the list of current representatives, but cannot change the chief representative. Ad campaigns are available for viewing and editing.
- Client representatives can manage campaigns only their clients’ campaigns, receiving access to them from the chief representative. They can edit ads, create invoices, stop and start campaigns.
The chief representative can register a new agency representative. To do so, follow the link “Agency representatives” on the “Administration” page and click the link “Appoint a new representative” at the bottom of the page.
Only a username that does not have any campaigns in Yandex.Direct can be appointed as a representative. If the representative has been registered under a different agency, they can be “unpinned” (deleted from the representatives list) and made a representative of a different agency.
For security reasons, we recommend using usernames for representatives that have been registered by you personally. You can register a username at this step by clicking the link “Register username for a new representative”.
The new representative appears in the list on the “Registered representatives” page.
To delete a representative, use the link “Delete” across from the representative’s username in the list. A username that has been deleted from the list of representatives will not have access to campaigns or agency clients.
Previously deleted representatives can be viewed in the list under the tab “Deleted representatives”. If the representative was deleted before creating their own campaigns, they can be restored.
To see which clients a representative has access to, click on the representative’s username on the “Registered agency representatives”.
If a representative with this role was just created, they do not have access to any of the agency’s clients.
A representative will automatically receive access to clients that they create themselves.
Access can be granted to other representatives’ clients. In order to do so, the chief representative must go to the “Agency representative” page and click on the link “Assign clients to agency representatives” and select the necessary representative username from the list. Use the checkboxes in the “Clients” field to select the clients to whom access should be granted. By default, “Unassigned clients” and “Clients of this representative” are selected. Click “Save”.
No more than one representative can be appointed to one client.
If you would like, for example, to move a regular representative with full access to the client representatives section, you must first delete the representative and then restore him/her, selecting the necessary role in the “Access rights” sections.
8. How to change the chief representative
The chief representative can only be changed when logged in under the username of the current chief representative. To do this, go to the “Registered agency representatives” page and click on “Change chief representative”, select a username from the representatives list and click “Appoint”. Any registered of the user’s registered representatives can be appointed chief representative except for client representatives.
First of all, try to restore the password for the agent username by following the standard procedure.
If you fail to restore the password, you can change the username used to access the agency account. To do so, you must register a new username on Yandex.Passport and report it to your manager. The manager will create a new representative for your agency account and appoint him/her as the chief. After this, you will be able to continue working in the interface under the new access. If necessary, you can delete the old username in the interface by following the link “Registered representatives”.
10. We placed an ad for a client from another region. How do we check if the ads are being displayed?<
Use advanced search. Enter the key word for which the client’s ad is displayed and enter the necessary region.
If there are a lot of ads and you want to make sure that they are all displayed, it’s will be easier to temporarily change the region in Yandex settings. To do so, click on “Personal settings” on the home page (at the very top of the page) and select the link “Change location”. Enter the region you need on the page that opens and save changes. The selected city will be active on all Yandex services. Don’t forget to return your actual region in settings after you see the pages with the client’s ads.
Yandex.Direct’s transparency is one of its main advantages for clients. That’s why an agency should grant a client access to view their statistics for ad campaigns at the client’s first request.
If the necessary, the client can all be granted the opportunity to edit their ad campaigns. This can be done in the “My clients” menu by clicking on the “Edit” link to the right of the necessary client. Select the rights that you want to grant to the client in the “Additional rights” option on the client’s page.
- “Edit campaign” allows your client to make changes to a campaign, correct words and texts, change bids, time, impression region, etc.
- “Transfer funds between campaigns” allows your client to transfer funds within their account.
- “Import from XLS file” allows the client to import campaigns from Excel files.
It is possible to change the address for messages for one or all of a client’s campaigns.
To change the address for notifications for one campaign, go to the “Change settings” link on the campaign page and click “Customize notifications”. You will be offered to add a new address in the window that opens.
To change the address for notifications for all of a client’s campaigns, go to the client’s page (“My clients”, then click on the client’s name). On the “Client’s campaigns”, go to “User settings”. Enter the necessary address in the “Contact e-mail” field.
In addition, all notifications are duplicated to the address indicated when registering the chief representative in Direct. The personal manager at Yandex’s agency department can change it; all you have to do is tell the manager the new address.
The page for creating or editing the account of an agency’s chief representative has the special “Display contacts in the client interface” option.
Enable it so that all your clients can see your phone number at any time to contact or write you a message by clicking on the agency’s name.
This option can also be enabled when creating or editing each client representative’s settings.
The representative’s contact details will be displayed in the interface right under the agency’s contact details.
The commission contract assumes that you receive an agency commission for attracting clients. When the agency places its own advertising, it does not attract clients. Consequently, such advertising should not be placed under an agency’s username and is considered when calculated commission. That is why we ask you to place your own advertising outside of the agency interface.