- The technical requirements described below must be fulfilled when creating advertising materials.
- Prepared materials must be sent no later than seven business days prior to the start of an advertising campaign. If materials are sent later, Yandex does not guarantee that the advertising campaign will be launched correctly and on time.
- If Flash animation is used, the SWF file must not take up more than 25% of the resources of the user’s CPU.
- A specially allocated computer is used to test the processor load from ad materials (an Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P9600@ 2.53 GHz, 2 GB RAM, and 64-800 MB video memory running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Professional).
- For all formats except multi-roll, video playback should take place only after a user-initiated click.
- All banners in SWF format should have a placeholder image.
- Design elements from the KinoPoisk site (trademark style, navigation, etc) must not be used. Unless otherwise indicated, transparent backgrounds are not allowed.
- To advertise information products subject to classification in compliance with Federal Law № 436 "On Protection of Children from Information Harmful to Their Health and Development" dated 29.12.2010, the layout must contain an indication of the category of the information product.
- Yandex reserves the right to impose additional requirements, besides those already listed in this document, on advertising materials prior to placement. This particularly concerns the use of non-standard advertising and graphic materials.
- Current versions of templates for advertising materials are accessible in their corresponding sections and may be updated periodically.
- Branding of pages for KinoPoisk
Multi-roll involves a video clip that plays either before or after a trailer (at Yandex's discretion).
Key requirements for multi-roll:
- Framerate: from 20 to 30 frames per second
- Aspect ratio and resolution:
— codecs: h264, vp6f, vp8, theora
— recommended aspect ratio: either 4:3 or 16:9
— ad height must not exceed its width
— minimum width: 640 px
— minimum height: 240 px
— number of video streams: 1
- Audio format:
— codecs: aac, mp3, vorbis
— minimum quality: 44 kHz, 16-bit, stereo
— number of audio tracks: 0 or 1
- File size: up to 250 MB
- Video clip duration: up to 30 seconds
- Please ask your manager regarding VPAID support.
- A multi-roll can be placed without a link to the advertiser's website.
Branding of pages for KinoPoisk
Materials for branding of pages for the KinoPoisk service must be prepared strictly in accordance with both the template and requirements outlined below.
1. Technical requirements
A branding can be static or interactive. If it is static, then both an image and translucent alternative image must be provided. If it is interactive, then an image and a Flash animation must be provided.
1.1. Requirements for Branding image
- File format: JPG
- File size: up to 300 KB
- Width: 1920 px
- Height: up to 1000 px*
*this is the standard size for KinoPoisk branding. Smaller file sizes are possible if necessary.
1.2. Requirements for Flash animation
Video and audio materials need to be in accordance with requirements laid out in “Flash banners, audio and video. Advertising material requirements,” with the exception of heading 14, subheading 5.
An alternative image must be provided for branding for a Flash animation in case a user’s browser does not support Flash.
- File format: SWF
- Flash Player: up to version 10
- File size: up to 75 KB
- Width: 850 px
- Height: 210 px
Requirements for placeholder image
- File format: JPG, PNG, GIF
- File size: no more than 75 KB
- Width: 850 px
- Height: 210 px
Requirements for video clip
- File format: MP4, FLV
- File size: up to 30 MB
2. Requirements for creatives
2.1. Image must occupy all the area of the branding outlined in the template.
2.2. Important elements of the branding (the name, logo, main ad message, date, buttons and so on) must be found in the main branding area (please see the template).
2.3. Texts cannot be placed in the branding fields (please see the template) with the exception of legal footnotes, such as terms and conditions, age restrictions for films and so on.
You must take into account that elements of the branding which are put into the branding fields will be cut off at lower screen resolutions. The minimum screen resolution supported by the site for desktops is 1024×768 pixels.
2.4. The background is filled with a solid color. The transition between the branding and the background must be smooth both left and right.
2.5. The area which falls under the content area must be filled with a solid color to reduce the file size (provided in the template).
2.6. General requirements for composition:
- Branding must be a unified composition.
- Branding must not be visually fragmented (i.e. split into regular geometric shapes).
- Branding must not contain contrasting rectangular areas, with the exception of logos.
- Branding must not be “visual noisy” i.e. avoid too many contrasting elements and do not use a large number of colors or fonts.
- You cannot use a background that contrasts with the site.
2.7. Branding must not contain elements that are similar to either the site’s own user interface elements or the site’s content.
2.8. The size of the logo for the advertised company or brand in the branding must not exceed the size of the site’s logo.
2.9. Prices must not be displayed in the branded ad.
2.10. Branding must not contain low quality images.
3. Requirements for Flash animations and videos
3.1. The use of simple Flash animations is allowed in the main branding area.
- SWF files are accepted only with a transparent background.
- In addition to the SWF file, you must provide a placeholder image with a transparent background, in which all the animated elements except the video playback button are duplicated. Also, the placeholder image must contain all the static parts of the image that is in the main branding area.
3.2. A video can be added to the branding as an additional option.
- The video must not contain links or buttons.
- Mandatory dimensions to launch a flash banner video are 850×210.
- The video starts when clicked.
- The button for starting a video is placed inside a transparent Flash banner of the dimensions 850×210 above a button that redirects you to the advertiser’s site. It can take any form and be placed anywhere on the main branding area.
- Button actions:
Action for the video launch button (video from KinoPoisk)