Lesson 9: Increasing the effectiveness of your ad campaign
Congratulations! You have launched your first ad campaign!
Once you have launched your campaign, you should check your settings. To make this easier, we have prepared a checklist for you.
You can attract more customers with your ads by analyzing your campaigns’ performance and making corrections.
Once impressions begin, a link to statistical reports will appear in your campaign list.
Report Wizard allows you to see statistics for different cross-sections and filter them, using (and combining) all sorts of conditions: by clicks, impressions, CTR, strategies, campaign status, ad groups, ads and keywords.
Report Wizard also features three experimental indicators to help you assess the quality of the traffic you attract: Engaged sessions, Cost per Engaged session and Engaged session rate.
They all reflect the forecast probability of conversion on the site (purchase, order, confirmed registration, etc.).
Click on the cards to find out more.
The higher this indicator is, the better your ads are accomplishing the goals you set for your business.
This indicator gives an idea of how well your ads are attracting customers even when you don’t have conversion data for your own goals.
This indicator shows which ad formats, audiences, host sites, and regions bring the most conversions.
You can find out more about how to analyze these indicators in the help section.
In addition, you can use Yandex.Metrica to set specific goals for your ads — e.g. viewing the items in the cart or subscribing to a newsletter — and then keep track of their conversions.
Pay attention to the account quality indicator, which reflects the performance of all of your ad campaigns in Yandex.Direct on a scale from 0 to 10. It can help you avoid common mistakes and optimize your ad impressions.
Even if your account quality indicator reaches 9-10, there are still ways to improve the performance of your campaigns.
Here are a few tips on how to improve the CTR of your ads:
- Apply geotargeting to make sure that your ads only appear in those regions where your business operates.
- Use negative keywords and operators to refine your keywords.
- Use templates to create unique ads for each keyword.
- Add sitelinks, callouts and contact details to your ads.
- Check your settings after launching your campaign.
- Your statistics provide valuable insight into your ads’ performance.
- Your account quality indicator can give you an idea of weak points that you can improve.
- You should work to improve your ads’ clickability even if your campaign is performing well.