Lesson 8: Paying for and launching your ad campaign
In the previous lessons, you created an ad campaign and learned how to pass moderation. In order for your campaign to start impressions, you first need to top up your shared account — the overall balance for all ad campaigns under your username.
Take note that when issuing the first invoice for a new payer, you will need to confirm the country of residence of your business by uploading a scan of your company’s certificate of registration, as well as the requisites (for a legal entity) or a document confirming the payer’s identity (for an individual). You will be able to pay the invoice immediately, but the funds will only appear on your account once the payer’s documents have been checked. This process usually takes five days. If the payer’s documents are rejected for some reason, the funds will be returned. If you pay for an ad campaign as a legal entity, copies of invoices will be sent on a monthly basis by email.
In this lesson, we will see how a legal entity registered in the United Kingdom can pay for an ad campaign with a personal bank card.
First, tick the following boxes:
- Payment from: Legal entity
- Payment method: Banking card
Then, fill out the payer information.
The invoice has been issued. Now click “Pay” to move on to the payment page.
If you use a bank card, the payment will be complete within 15 minutes. Your account will be topped up by the amount you paid (minus taxes). Impressions for your ads will begin within a few hours.
In the Payments and documents section, you can see previously issued invoices and a list of payers for your account. Advertisers based in Switzerland can see account statements as well.
Task: explore the Yandex.Balance interface.
Interested in improving your ad campaigns? Here are some recommendations:
- Pay attention to the productivity index displayed next to each keyword. The value of this index can range from 0 to 10. The closer it is to 10, the better the keyword is in conjunction with your ad. Click on the value and you will get tips on improving the productivity of your keyword.
- To make your keywords match your ad as closely as possible, you may want to group similar keywords into themes and create different ad groups for them.
- Keep track of statistics. A link to statistical reports will appear in your list of campaigns after your ads become active.
Congratulations! You have launched your first ad campaign!
Here’s a tip! Ad impressions will continue as long as there are funds in your account.
- To start your campaign’s impressions, you must have funds in your account. You can add funds either as an individual or a legal entity.
- When adding funds to your account, it is vital that you enter accurate information about the payer. The minimum payment amount is 1000 RUB / 15 EUR / 15 USD.