Lesson 3: Evaluating your advertising budget
Yandex.Direct mainly offers advertisers CPC ad campaigns (the only exception is display campaigns, which are CPM). In this lesson, we will look at how you can attract more customers by managing your bids and your advertising budget.
First, it is important to understand that the number of clicks your ads receive depends on several factors: the region or regions where your ads are serves, CPC, your keywords and other settings.
The Budget Forecast tool makes it possible to plan your campaign’s budget in just three steps:
1. Choose the region(s) where you want your ads to appear.
2. Select your forecast parameters: the forecast period, site type and currency.
3. Enter the keywords you have chosen.
Tip! Use the suggestions for ideas of which keywords to add.
Click “Calculate,” and your budget forecast is ready!
You will see a CPC and click forecast for each keyword. All amounts are shown without VAT.
You can save the budget forecast by exporting it as an XLS file.
The final calculation depends on the keywords and sites you have chosen for your campaign. Changing these settings will also lead to your budget changing.
The forecast amount should serve as a guideline as you set up your campaign. You always have the option to change your budget once your campaign is created.
Doing so will affect the number of ad impressions and customers attracted. Yandex.Direct takes both your campaign’s budget and quality into account over the course of your campaign.
- the ad’s clickability
- the degree to which to ad text and title correspond to the keyword
- the relevance of the landing page to the user’s search query
Once your campaign is active, you will gradually gather statistics that will help you optimize your campaign, allowing you to attract customers at better prices.
- Payment in Yandex.Direct is for clicks on ads (with the exception of display campaigns).
- You can forecast your advertising budget. It will depend on the number and cost of clicks.
- Click price depends on a range of factors that you can optimize.