Display campaigns in Yandex.Direct
Display campaigns are an auction product designed to raise brand awareness, offering a wide range of targeting settings to reach your target audience — by keywords or user profile — and CPM payment.
Display ads are great for telling a large number of users about new products or services, raising brand awareness or getting back in contact with previous customers. Eye-catching banners with interactive elements grab users’ attention, help to create emotional links with your brand and strengthen customer loyalty.
Main advantages of display campaigns in Yandex.Direct
Payment only for real impressions
Yandex strict antifraud protection
All-in-one Yandex.Direct interface
High-quality audiences and environment
Grow your business with Display campaigns in Yandex.Direct
Formats of advertising materials
Banners appear in the following formats: 160×600, 240×400, 240×600, 300×250, 300×300, 300×500, 300×600, 320×50, 320×100, 320×480, 336×280, 480×320, 728×90, 970×250, 1000×120 pixels. Start serving smart banners in as many or as few formats as you wish.
Advertising materials should prepared in accordance with the technical requirements for advertising materials in Yandex.Direct.
|Product name||Placement type||Type of ad inventory||Minimum|
|Mass media campaigns in Yandex.Direct||Banner||Banners formats: 300×250, 300×300, 240×400, 240×600, 300×500, 300×600, 320×50, 320×480, 336×280, 480×320, 1456×180, 1000×120||From 5 rub.||no|
|Mass media campaigns in Yandex.Direct||Video||Stream video (multi-roll), in-text videos, in-app videos, reward videos||From 5 rub.||0,1 rub.|
|Mass media campaigns in Yandex.Direct||Video banner||Video banner formats: 300×250, 240×400, 240×600, 300×300, 300×500, 300×600, 320×480, 336×280, 970×250||From 5 rub.||no|
* Payment by CPM — payment for 1000 impressions. Applies to the following strategies:
- Maximum impressions at the lowest price
- Reducing the cost of repeated impressions
- Manual bid management
** CPV payment for watching the video to the end or watching the video up to 30 seconds (if the video is > 30 seconds) or going to the advertiser’s website. Applies to the following strategies:
- Pay per view
- Display of advertising materials for the types of placement: “Banner”, “Video”, “In-banner” is carried out in accordance with the Advertising Networks Targeting. Yandex does not guarantee that advertising materials for the types of placement “Banner”, “Video”, “In-banner” will be shown on all media platforms of the Yandex Media Network. The possibility to display advertising materials also depends on the entry threshold set by the media platform.
- For the “Banner” type of placement you can choose the formats of banners.
- For the “Video” type of placement, it is possible to disable different types of ad inventory (Stream video (multi-roll), in-text videos, in-app videos, reward videos).
- For the purpose of providing the service for the “Banner” placement type, the advertiser must provide a banner of at least one format listed in Table 1 (Auction). Yandex does not guarantee display of advertising materials of all formats listed in Table 1 (Auction). Advertising materials must comply with the requirements set out in the document “Technical Requirements for HTML5 Banners in Yandex.Direct” posted at: https://yandex.ru/adv/requirements/html5#direct.
- For the purpose of providing services for the “Video” type of placement, the advertiser shall provide a video with a duration of 6 seconds to 60 seconds. Yandex does not guarantee display of advertising materials in all types of ad inventory listed in Table 1 (Auction). Ad creatives shall meet the requirements set forth in the “General Rules for Designing Ad Creatives for the Yandex Video Network.” The document can be found at https://yandex.ru/adv/requirements/videowebreq.
- Placement types shown in Table 1 (Auction) can be applied at the same time.
- Available settings:
a. Social and age targeting;
b. Geographical targeting;
c. Audience interests
d. Phrase targeting;
e. Audiences service segments
f. Segments and goals of the “Metrics” service;
g. Limiting the frequency of displaying to one user;
h. Behavioral signs;
i. Marital status, children, occupation.
- For the “Banner” and “In-banner” types of placement, the settings specified in sub. a, c, e, f, h, i cl. 7 above can be applied at the same time, while the settings specified in sub. d cl. 7 above cannot be applied simultaneously with the settings specified in sub. a, c, e, f, h, i cl. 7 above. The settings specified in sub. b and g cl. 7 above can be applied simultaneously with other settings specified in cl. 7 above.
- For the “Video” type of placement, the settings specified in sub. a, c, e, f, h, i cl. 7 above may be applied simultaneously. The setting specified in sub. d cl. 7 above does not apply for the “Video” placement type. The settings specified in sub. b and g cl. 7 above can be applied simultaneously with other settings specified in cl. 7 above.
- The display of advertising materials and the determination of the cost of the display shall be carried out according to the following rules:
a. The auction shall take place in real time. As a result of the auction, the advertiser’s advertising material will be shown, which was offered the highest bid per 1000 impressions (CPM), taking into account the entry threshold (the minimum CPM indicated in Table 1), taking into account the settings provided for in clauses 7-9 above.
b. The cost of displaying advertising material is determined according to the principle of a second price auction: if the advertiser’s bid is the highest, advertising material is displayed at a price sufficient to win (second highest bid + auction step), but not less than the entry threshold (minimum CPM specified in Table 1 (Auction)).
c. The maximum rate for CPM is 3000 rubles (excluding VAT).
d. Auction step = 10 (ten) kopecks per thousand impressions (excluding VAT).
- The possible choice of visibility standard:
“Yandex Standard” — An impression is considered completed only if the banner is in the visible area of the User’s browser on more than 50% of the ad block area continuously for at least 2 seconds.
“MRC Standard” — An impression is considered completed only if the banner is in the visible area of the User’s browser on more than 50% of the ad block area continuously for at least 1 second.
Services are provided on terms and conditions described above together with the General terms and conditions available at: https://yandex.com/adv/general-provisions-direct