You can set a target cost per view, a budget limit and an active period. The strategy will then select users in such a way that the average CPV for the period doesn't exceed the one you set.
The Optimize views strategy is another way to manage video campaigns, focusing on your objectives for your business. Now you have three options to choose from when determining how to purchase video ads:
|Attract audiences who watched the clip with the advertising message at the target price||Optimize views|
|Pay as little as possible for one contact between the target user and the ad||Maximize impressions for lowest price|
|Maximize reach and attract new audiences||Decrease price for repeat impressions|
This is how the selection of strategies looks in the interface:
How it works
The View event is now available in strategies for video ads. It is counted when:
- a video longer than 30 seconds plays until the thirtieth second,
- a video less than 30 seconds in length plays fully,
- or when the user clicks on the video.
When the Optimize views strategy is enabled, the system optimizes impressions so that the total average CPV (after the training period) does not exceed the target value. If the campaign settings change, the strategy will need to re-train. In this case, you may notice deviations of the actual price from the one you set.
Two simple rules can help you minimize possible deviations:
- Launch the campaign for at least two weeks with a budget of at least 50 400 rubles (1680 EUR/USD) — that way you will provide the system with enough data for analysis.
- Give the strategy a minimum of five days to train — don't make changes to your campaign settings during this time. Any time you change settings in the future, set aside five days for the algorithms to adjust and re-train.
For more information about strategy settings, see the Yandex.Direct Help guide.
How to evaluate the results
New indicators will appear in Yandex.Direct statistics: views, share of views and the average CPV. In combination with the typical metrics, they will help analyze the effectiveness of the strategy.
Everyone who places ads in Yandex.Direct can try out the new strategy. We wish you good luck with your campaigns, and lots of high-quality views!