General terms and conditions
Media Advertising placement services under "Yandex.Direct" Service Offer (https://yandex.com/legal/oferta_direct_ch/)
- The prices are specified exclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
- The minimum order value is
a. 15 USD per day (excl. VAT)
b. 15 EUR per day (excl. VAT)
c. 15 CHF per day (excl. VAT)
- Any note that reads “1 day” means that delivery of the advertising material starts at 00:00 and finishes in 24 hours or when the number of impressions of the advertising materials reaches the limit set out in the corresponding order, depending on which of the aforementioned events occurs later.
- Any note that reads “1 week” (“2 weeks”, “4 weeks”) means that the advertising material is delivered from 00:00 Monday until 24:00 the following Sunday (or 2 or 4 weeks later, respectively) or when the number of impressions of the advertising materials reaches the limit set out in the corresponding order, depending on which of the aforementioned events occurs later. Only full-week packages are available.
- While rendering the services of delivering media ads, the following settings can be applied (if that is explicitly stated in a specific clause/section):
5.1. Service Segments “Audiences”. The segment is generated by the advertiser independently using the “Audiences” service (https://audience.yandex.com). The parameters (including the name of the segment/group segments) segment and ways of its use are determined by the advertiser independently using a Client Web Interface according to the segment creation rules of the “Audiences” Service.
5.2. Sociodemographic targeting: “gender”, “gender and age”, “gender, age and income”.
5.3. Audience interests (“Interests”) — a way of grouping data on the user behavior in Internet on a basis that a group of users is assumed to have certain similar interests (“thematic segments”), as well as the users are assumed to belong to certain age, gender or other groups (“sociodemographic segments”). Usage of audience segments, providing that Yandex has relevant data and technical capabilities, enables combining thematic and sociodemographic segments.
5.4. Segments and targets of “Metrica” Service. A segment is generated by the advertiser independently using the “Metrica” Service (https://metrika.yandex.com).
5.5. Phrase targeting — when this setting is applied, the advertising materials are displayed based on the key words specified by the advertiser in the Client Web Interface. If the advertiser uses this targeting, Yandex automatically selects ads to be displayed and displays them at the relevant advertising spaces based on the correspondence of the ads' themes with the user interests.
5.6. Behavioral indicators — users' characteristics and preferences. Indicators are determined by user behavior on the internet by Crypta technology. Possible categories: “TV”, “Internet”, “Devices”, “Transport”.
5.7. Marital status, children, profession: “marital status”, “children”, “profession”.
5.8. Targeting by ad networks: placement of the advertising materials on a group of sites, included into ad networks:
YAN mobile apps
Yandex Other services
5.9 Outdoor site selection — ability to select the advertising surface in the direct interface. The selected surface uniquely determines the outdoor platform, where advertising materials will be potentially displayed. Yandex does not guarantee the display of ads on selected outdoor surfaces
5.10 Website targeting-display of advertising materials is carried out on Mobile or Full version of the website the Main page.
- Yandex Media Network — the advertising platforms listed at: https://yandex.com/support/direct/general/yan.html.
- Unless expressly specified to the contrary in the advertising material placement terms, the advertising materials shall be displayed on desktops, mobile devices and in services adapted for mobile devices.
- The media advertising placement services are rendered subject to the terms and conditions stated in “Yandex.Direct” Service Offer (https://yandex.com/legal/oferta_direct_ch/) and, without limitation, Media Advertising Placement Rules (https://yandex.com/legal/direct_display_rules_media_ch/).
- In case the price for media advertising services under present terms and conditions is expressed in other than USD, EUR, CHF currency (rubles), this price shall be converted into the respective currency stipulated in the services agreement at the exchange rate of the currency to the Russian ruble, fixed by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on the date of invoice/order.
- For the purposes of this document (where applicable), advertising materials in the “100%×X pixels” format are understood as formats in which ad materials “X pixels” in size occupy 100% of the width of the user’s screen. For the purposes of this clause, “X pixels” stands for the banner height in pixels applicable for the relevant ad format.
- If the advertiser chooses “Auction” as a principle of media advertising placement, it will be able to use setting strategies to display its advertising materials publicly available in the Internet at: https://yandex.com/adv/materials/strategies.
- When providing services related to the placement of media advertising, Yandex may, at its own discretion, grant to an advertiser a discount amounting to the cost of invalid (improper or erroneous) impressions identified in accounting periods following the accounting period, in which such impressions were made. The said discount is not paid to the advertiser (inter alia, if the agreement is canceled) and may be used by the advertiser only through the placement of advertising materials in the format of media advertising for the amount of the discount granted. The discount shall be granted to the advertiser having an agreement for the services that were not completed at the time of granting, or (in the absence of such agreement) — to the advertiser, who benefited from the services under the agreement that had terminated before the discount was granted. The said advertiser shall guarantee to Yandex that all requirements stipulated Yandex for the services involving ad placement to the amount of such discount will be met. Services provided to the amount of the discount granted shall be confirmed by Yandex statistics available to the advertiser in the client web interface.
- An impression shall, unless otherwise specified, be considered to have been performed if the banner is located in the visible part of the user’s browser occupying more than 50% of the ad block continuously for at least 2 seconds.
- The seasonal rate for all the Yandex services related to placement of advertising materials on the Internet (applies only in cases where this is expressly provided for in this Order and/or in the Marketing policy of YANDEX LLC for 2020) shall be as follows:
Month Rate January 0,7 February 0,8 March 1 April 1 May 1 June 1 July 1 August 1 September 1,3 October 1,3 November 1,3 December 1,3
- Yandex Main Page — advertising materials are placed on the Main Page of Yandex available on the Internet at https://yandex.ru/
- Mobile version of the Yandex Main Page — advertising materials are placed on the Mobile version of the Yandex Main Page available on the Internet at https://yandex.ru/ and/or on the Main page of Yandex Search App for Android.