Auction on mobile versions of Yandex and YAN
We are offering our advertisers media banners on mobile versions of Yandex services, Advertising Network partner websites, and mobile applications.
Impressions are sold on the basis of an auction (Real-Time Bidding) where the cost of an ad impression is determined through bidding between advertisers, rather than a fixed sum.
Ads will be displayed in the following formats: 320×50, 320×100, 240×400, 400×240 and 728×90.
To ensure better ad quality, enlarged versions of your advertising materials are required (640×100, 640×200, 480×800, 800×480 and 1456×180) — Yandex will later convert them into the needed dimensions.
Technical requirements for advertising materials for Auction on mobile versions of Yandex and YAN.
|Location||Ad format (banner) displayed at the Locations (pixel size)||CPM (RUB, excl. VAT)|
|All mobile version pages of Yandex services, Mobile website versions of Yandex Advertising Network (YAN) partners and mobile applications, Yandex Advertising Network (YAN) partners web sites||320×50, 728×90, 240×400, 320×100||RUB 1 and more|
- Ads on rotation. The frequency of impressions is set to the default of RF=3 per week. The frequency of impressions may be set as agreed with the advertiser. The maximum frequency setting period is 14 calendar days.
- Banners are displayed at media platforms (locations) listed in Table 1, at random. Yandex does not guarantee that advertising materials will be displayed at all media platforms (locations) listed in Table 1. The ability to display a banner also depends on the entry threshold established by a media platform. For the service to be rendered, the advertiser shall provide 640×100, 1456×180, 480×800 and 640×200 banners. Should the advertiser so wish, it can provide banners in the formats specified in Table 1 and 480×75, 1092×135, 360×600 banners. The advertising materials shall, however, be displayed at the Locations in the formats specified in Table 1.
- Advertising materials can be deactivated:
a. at websites of Yandex Advertising Network (YAN) partners;
b. on mobile versions of websites of Yandex Advertising Network (YAN) partners and mobile applications.
- When rendering the services listed in Table 1, the following options are available:
a. Demographic targeting
b. Audience interests
c. Search retargeting
e. Local geotargeting
f. Mobile operators
g. Operating systems
h. Mobile device manufacturers
i. Connection type
j. Device type
- Maximum two options may be applied at the same time, one of which being Operating Systems. Yandex unilaterally determines the possibility for the advertiser to use the options and their list. The options provided to the advertiser can change. Yandex does not guarantee provision of the options.
- Banners shall be displayed and the cost per impression shall be determined as follows:
a. The auction takes place online, while a user loads a web page. The auction will result in display of a banner of the advertiser, which offered the highest bid for 1,000 impressions (CPM) in view of the entry threshold (minimum CPM specified in Table 1), in view of the options stipulated in cl. 1, 3, 4 and 5.
b. The cost per impression for the banner for strategies “Minimum CPM”, “Budget” and “Average CPM” shall be determined based on the principle of a second price auction: if the advertiser offers the highest bid, the banner will be displayed at a price sufficient to win the bid (second highest bid + bidding step), but no less than the entry threshold (minimum CPM specified in Table 1).
The cost per impression for the media banner for the strategy “Fixed CPM” shall be set by the advertiser via the interface by means of indicating the current CPM of placement, but no less than the entry threshold (minimum CPM).
c. Bidding step = RUB 1 (one) per thousand impressions (excl. VAT).
- When calculating the cost of services, no seasonal rates apply.
- Advertising materials shall meet the requirements stated in the Technical Requirements to Advertising Materials for the Product «Auction on Mobile Versions of Yandex and YAN» available in the Internet at: https://yandex.ru/adv/requirements/mobileauctionreq
- These prices do not include Swiss VAT (8%) unless stated otherwise.
- The minimum order value (unless agreed otherwise) is
- 500 USD
- 500 EUR
- 500 CHF
- CPM stands for cost per 1000 impressions.
- Any note that reads ‘1 day’ means that delivery of the advertising material starts at 00:00 and finishes in 24 hours or when the number of impressions of the advertisements reaches the limit set out in the corresponding order, depending on which of the aforementioned events occurs later.
- Any note that reads ‘1 week’ (‘2 weeks’, ‘4 weeks’) means that the advertising material is delivered from 00:00 Monday until 24:00 the following Sunday (or 2 or 4 weeks later, respectively) or when the number of impressions of the advertisements reaches the limit set out in the corresponding order, depending on which of the aforementioned events occurs later. Only full-week packages are available.
- For the purposes of geotargeting, the term ‘Russian regions’ shall refer to constituent entities of the Russian Federation, as well as to the cities of the Russian Federation to which geotargeting setting is applicable. If Moscow is specified as the target region for display advertising, — ads shall also be delivered in the Moscow Region. If St. Petersburg is specified as the target region for display advertising, ads shall also be delivered in the Leningrad Region.
- If conditions of advertising material delivery do not explicitly specify that advertising materials be delivered to mobile devices, these materials might not be delivered to placements adapted specifically for mobile services.
- In case the price for media advertising services under present terms and conditions is expressed in other than USD, EUR, CHF currency (rubles, hryvna), this price shall be converted into the respective currency stipulated in the services agreement at the exchange rate of the currency to the Russian ruble, fixed by the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on the date of invoice/order.
- While rendering the services of delivering media ads, the following settings can be applied (if that is explicitly stated in a specific clause of the Resolution):
Demographic targeting: ‘gender’, ‘gender and age’, ‘gender, age, and income’.
— Delivering advertising materials to users who have visited one of the advertiser’s sites specified when ordering the services (the target users are determined via a Metrica counter code installed on the advertiser’s web sites, hereafter referred to as ‘the Yandex code’). This targeting can only be set if the number of unique visitors to the advertiser’s site for the past 30 (thirty) days before the intended campaign start date has been no less than 50 000 (fifty thousand).
— Behavioural retargeting from the Yandex’s services — the ads will be delivered to users who have already visited some sections of the Yandex’s services: Market, Auto, Realty, News. The advertiser’s selection of sections is subject to an agreement with Yandex. This targeting can only be set if for the last 30 (thirty) days before the intended campaign start date the number of users who demonstrate target behaviour has been no less than 50 000 (fifty thousand).
Search retargeting — targeting users based on the search terms they used; this setting is provided on request. Yandex does not guarantee that this setting can be applied: the possibility to use the setting is determined by Yandex based on sufficiency of the number of target users needed to render the services comprehensively.
Audience interests — targeting a specific audience based on particular interests list; this setting is provided on an on demand basis. Yandex does not guarantee that this setting can be applied: the possibility to use the setting is determined by Yandex based on sufficiency of the number of target users needed to render the services comprehensively.
Settings applicable only to display advertising materials on mobile devices and/or mobile applications (if applicable):
— Local geographic targeting — advertising materials are displayed to users whose geographical location within a city/region is specified by the advertiser. — Mobile operators — advertising materials are displayed only on smartphones, phones and tablets of subscribers of certain mobile operators (provided that such devices can display advertising materials in the relevant format).
— Operating systems — advertising materials are displayed only on smartphones, phones and tablets with certain operating systems; advertising materials are displayed provided that such devices can display advertising materials in the relevant format.
— Mobile device manufactures — advertising materials are displayed only on smartphones, phones and tablets of certain brands (provided that such devices can display advertising materials in the relevant format).
— Connection type — advertising materials are displayed only on smartphones, phones and tablets with a certain type of Internet connection (2G, 3G, WiFi, Ethernet);
— Device type — advertising materials are displayed on smartphones and telephones or tablets at the advertiser's option.
- Yandex Media Network — Yandex’s services employed to deliver advertising materials to Portal networks, including but not limited to: Mail, Maps, Traffic, Metro Map, Market, News, Weather, Afisha, Music, Auto, Auto.ru, Timetables, Flights, Realty, Jobs, KinoPoisk, Fotki, Video, City, Disk, TV Programme, Blogs, Catalogue. This is a sample list — Yandex Media Network can contain any of the Yandex’s services. Still, Yandex does not guarantee delivery of all the advertising materials in the formats specified in the description of an individual Portal network at all the services described above. The advertising materials shall be delivered in the formats specified for an individual service in the Yandex Media Network.
- The services of display advertising placement shall be rendered in compliance with the terms and conditions set out in the document ‘Procedure for placement of display advertising materials on Yandex internet display places’ published in the public domain in the Internet at: https://yandex.com/legal/media_procedure_ch/.
- If the advertiser chooses ‘Auction’ as a principle of media advertising placement, it will be able to use setting strategies to display its advertising materials publicly available in the Internet at: https://yandex.com/adv/products/materials/strategies.