We have complied a list of the main changes in the API:
- The Campaigns service supports a new campaign type — CPM_BANNER_CAMPAIGN.
- The AdGroups service supports a new group type — CPM_BANNER_AD_GROUP.
- The Ads service supports a new ad type — CPM_BANNER_AD. You can make or upload creatives in the web interface and then use them to create ads in the API.
- You can now add keywords to a group of display ads using the Keywords service or by targeting user profiles via the AudienceTargets service.
- You can set up a user profile using the RetargetingLists service: the profile is created as an impression criteria and an AUDIENCE type retargeting list.
- You can get demographic or user interest-based segments via the Dictionaries service and use them in the profile.
Keep in mind that in order to get statistics for display campaigns, you must use the report type REACH_AND_FREQUENCY_PERFORMANCE_REPORT in the Reports service.
You can find more detailed information about new methods in the API in the help guide.
Of course it's important that brands are not only useful, but popular. The more often potential customers see you, the more likely they are to order from you. Find out about brand awareness and other advantages of display advertising in our presentation:
Try display campaigns for yourself, test out new audience segments and creatives, and link your messages into a single chain of communication. If questions arise as you are using your display campaings, please contact us.
Good luck with your display campaigns!