One Yandex.Metrica goal instead of a mass of data
Previously, it was necessary to have a thousand clients to set up Look-alike segments. Now, even with low traffic volumes, Yandex.Direct will find interested audiences for your products or services for goals in Yandex.Metrica. This means that even small businesses can find new customers among users that Yandex.Direct determines to be similar to customers in a variety of characteristics.
You can find users who are similar to any of your audience segments, for example:
- Regular customers, and offer them a discount.
- Users who clicked on a link from your ads.
- Those who spent a long time to browse the catalog or ask questions, to bring an interested audience to the site.
- Subscribers to notifications about promotions, and tell them about special offers.
- Smartphone users, to promote mobile apps.
The quality of search for similar audiences is ensured by Crypta technology. When selecting a relevant audience, Crypta takes more than 300 factors into account, e.g. what words people use in queries, what sites they visit, what topics they are interested in, what time of day they go online, etc. Therefore, Look-alike technology can help you find users highly likely to be interested in your offers.
Just select a segment or goal in the Yandex.Direct interface
All settings are now available in Yandex.Direct, and you can set up targeting in just a few clicks. In the interface, all you need to do is choose:
- a segment in Yandex.Audience,
- a segment in Yandex.Metrica,
- a goal in Yandex.Metrica.
You no longer need to wait for data to prepare in Yandex.Audience.
Our partners have already tried out the tool in their own campaigns and shared their results.
Orders for the construction of a country house often come from premium audiences with high incomes. In our industry, attracting users to a site using typical targeting types is complicated and expensive. That's why we started enthusiastically testing Look-alike in Yandex.Direct at the end of April. Before the experiment, the conversion cost was roughly 6000₽. Over the two weeks that we tested Look-alike, we managed to attract more potential customers to the site and reduce the cost of conversion to 1600₽.
How to set up Look-alike in the Yandex.Direct interface
- Select a campaign and start editing it.
- Go to the "Retargeting and audiences" section and click "Add targeting list."
- In the "Rule set" window, select a Yandex.Metrica goal, or a segment from Yandex.Metrica or Yandex.Audience. If there is little data, the Yandex.Metrica goal will be enough.
- Click "Selected segment and similar users" and then "Save."
If you don't currently have rules to use in searching for similar users, they are easy to create. To help you do this, we have prepared step-by-step instructions for creating goals in Yandex.Metrica and segments in Yandex.Audience.