At the end of October, Facebook added the ability to attribute ad installs by last-click through Google Play Install Referrer.
AppMetrica now supports traffic attribution from Facebook for Android devices. Detailed statistics on it will be available in the User Acquisition report. It will allow you to track installs with details up to an ad without spending extra on a tracker.
Facebook shares non-personalized user level data, and that allows you to analyze the effectiveness of ads through segmentation according to the install source in AppMetrica reports.
- Evaluate revenue from in-app and e-com purchases.
- Analyze ad effectiveness through LTV (and other key metrics) in Cohort analysis.
- Track new user retention in the Retention report.
- Monitor how users, acquired from Facebook ads get onboarded, sign up, and made other targeted actions — in funnels
- Export detailed instals data without limitations on volume or period.
How to configure
Facebook Ads submits data to Google Install Referrer in encrypted form. The decryption key is available in Facebook for Developers.
To set up attribution of installs for Android devices, create a new tracker for Facebook in AppMetrica. Paste the Install Referrer Decryption Key into it. Read more.
Then the installs tracking from Facebook for all Android devices will be available in the User Acquisition report, and in AppMetrica product slices when segmenting users by advertising source.
iOS app developers can also analyze install data from Facebook Ads via SKAdNetwork. To do this, they need to specify AppMetrica as the recipient of data from SKAdNetwork for devices with iOS version 15 or higher.