The more new features we add to Yandex Direct, the more settings, filters, and toggles appear in the interface. To make it easier to set up campaigns and help you focus on what’s important, we’ve gotten rid of unnecessary elements and added some useful features. Let’s take a closer look.
Working with all of your keywords in one list made it difficult to find the most effective ones and evaluate the estimated reach. That’s why we’ve completely updated the “Forecast and suggestions” block when working with keywords.
- Every keyword can now get an impression forecast based on regions and negative keywords. In Yandex Search, this is the exact number of impressions based on Keyword statistics data. In YAN, it’s the relative reach depending on the scope of the forecast.
- When you enter a keyword, you’ll be given other suggestions with an impression forecast.
- Added keywords can be copied and pasted into other campaigns or groups.
- Library sets of negative keywords can be used with the “Add sets” function in the negative keyword setting.
If it’s easier for you to work with a simple list of keywords, select “Display as one field” in the drop-down menu.
Adjustments now affect a lot indicators based on the strategy chosen, so we’ve simplified the interface so that you can focus on the most important settings.
- Only the set adjustments are displayed. Switching between tabs is no longer necessary.
- A hint now appears telling you what exactly the adjustment affects based on the chosen strategy: the bid, the conversion price, or the target share of advertising expenses. For example, if you hover over a -100% adjustment, you’ll see that impressions are completely disabled.
- To decrease or increase the adjustment, enter a value for an upward adjustment or add a “−” for a downward one. Downward adjustments are highlighted in red.
We recently added retargeting to Yandex Search campaigns. Now we’ve redesigned the block itself:
- Clear divisions in mixed campaigns. Now you can see all of the criteria for Yandex Search and networks without switching between tabs.
- When you set a criterion, a brief description of the segment appears. You no longer need to click on the criterion to see which segment you selected.
Creating and editing ads
Making a creative takes attention and time. To make it easier, we’ve added hints and more options for previewing ads.
- Now Yandex Direct analyzes the site itself and offers suggestions for the title and text. To do this, you just have to enter the link in the ad. You can add the option you like or write the texts yourself, just like before.
- The system will pull and suggest images from the advertised domain. You can use them immediately in ads.
- The preview window is always pinned in the right block and shows how the ad changes as elements are added.
- In the “Impression criteria” tab, a hint will appear with the targeting criteria in the ad group to help you create the most relevant creatives.
Other blocks have also been updated. For example, if you make a mistake in the ad link, Yandex Direct will notify you about it. In the “Interests and habits” section, each type of targeting is now marked with a noticeable and understandable graphic element. And in the right block at the group level, we added a hint that reminds you how different targetings relate.