Minus-phrase sets are available for text and graphic campaigns and dynamic ads. You can create up to 30 sets in total, and apply up to three sets to a campaign. Each set can contain up to 4,096 characters (not including spaces).
Why it matters
Applying a minus-phrase set to a campaign greatly reduces the time it takes to manage ad relevance.
Library sets complement the minus-phrases for a campaign or group and affect ad impressions equally.
As a result, the total character limit for minus-phrases available for an ad group expands to 48,672 characters:
- Minus phrases at the group level: 4,096 characters
- 3 sets of minus-phrases per group: 4,096×3 =12,288 characters
- Minus-phrases at campaign level: 20,000 characters
- 3 sets of minus-phrases per campaign: 4,096×3 = 12,288 characters
Where create a set of minus phrases
- In the Library
- On the Group Ad edit page
- On the Edit Campaign page
Read more about how to create, use or delete minus-phrase sets in the Help.