- 3,300,000 RUB prize fund Cash prizes are awarded in each category
- Test yourselfJoin the championship to see how you compare with other programmers
- Shortcut to YandexShow your skills to Yandex recruiters
- Non-standard tasksTry you hand at solving original tasks created by Yandex developers
PrizesPrizes will be awarded to the strongest in each category:
- 300,000 RUBFirst place
- 150,000 RUBSecond place
- 100,000 RUBThird place
- Promo codes for Yandex servicesTop 100
- TrialGet a hang of the grading system and the format of the tasks. Results of this round will not be considered.
- QualifyingYou may compete in several categories. The best performing participants will go to the finals.
- FinalYou may choose only one category. Winners will receive cash prizes
- How difficult are the tasks?
Most of the tasks are designed for experienced developers, but everyone can try their hand — some of the tasks will be interesting even for beginners.
- Is the championship for those who want to get a job at Yandex?
Not at all. This is an open competition for everyone. But if any of the finalists would like to join Yandex, they can go through a simplified selection process. We're always looking for strong programmers.
- Can I compete in multiple categories?
You can compete in several categories in the trial and qualifying rounds, but you must choose only one for the finals.
- How much time is given to solve the tasks?
The qualifying rounds will last one week. You must choose the best time during this period when it will be most convenient for you to solve the tasks without being distracted. The finals will take place on November 7th. See rules for each category.
- How are finalists determined?
Finalists will be determined based on the results of the qualifying round. Each category has its own passing score. Usually you must solve at least two tasks to go through to the finals. The trial round doesn't count. It's meant to introduce participants to the grading system.
- Can I participate if I'm not from Russia?
Anyone over the age of 18 can compete in the Algorithm category. The tasks in the Algorithm category are available in English and Russian. Other categories are open to citizens of Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, and Uzbekistan over 18 years old.