What is a pressure map
The pressure map shows the current atmospheric pressure across the world and how it is going to change in the next 36 hours. Regions with the highest pressure are indicated in red, while those with the lowest pressure are shown in dark blue.
The pressure map is made using the Meteum technology. Map data is updated every three hours.
For more information about pressure, see the section Atmospheric pressure.
How to use the map
- On the Yandex.Weather homepage, in the Weather map block, select the Pressure tab and click Take a look.
- In the top right corner of any page, open Weather map and select Pressure.
- The forecast for the next few hours: move the slider at the bottom of the page or select the time on the timeline.
- The exact pressure for a specific point: mouse over it.
- A summary forecast for a specific point on the map: click on it. Click on it: a card will open with the weather data for the selected location.
- Wind direction: in the bottom left corner, enable the Animated wind option. For more information about this option, see Wind map.
To switch to other weather maps, use the switch in the top left corner of the map.