4. Rules for regional mapping
This section contains rules for regional mapping (i.e. those that relate to the features of the specific country being mapped).
Primarily, this refers to particulars of administrative divisions and how they form hierarchies, as well as address systems and specifics related to road networks.
Information in this section adds to the section 3. Global mapping rules.
These rules are found in the following subsections:
- 4.1.1. Naming map items
- 4.1.2. Adding attributes to administrative divisions
- 4.1.3. Rules for adding attributes to whole roads and individual sections of them
- 4.1.4. Adding attributes to addresses
- 4.1.5. Add attributes to transport items
- 4.1.6. Rules for additing attributes to places (organizations)