Reviews, photos, and fixes
In the Reviews, photos, and fixes section, you can:
View the history and status of your actions in Yandex Maps.
Edit the map.
To go to the section:
- In the top-right corner of the page, click on your profile image.
Click Reviews, photos, and fixes and select the desired tab.
On the Impressions tab, you can rate the places you visited:
To do this, follow these steps:
- Select the place you want to rate from the list.
Rate the place from one to five.
You can also write a review and attach a photo.
If you don't want to rate anything, click Skip.
If you're asked to rate a place by mistake, click I wasn't here.
If the organization is closed, click Closed.
On the Tasks tab, you can improve Yandex Maps by answering a few questions.
If you don't want to complete any tasks, click Skip.
On the Mirrors tab, you can view the images of your routes uploaded from the Yandex Map Editor app and track their publication status.
To view a recorded route, left-click the route and run it.
- Show username: If enabled, other map users will see that you're the author.
- Crop route: Opens a window where you can move the start and end of your route and view the results.
- Delete route.
On the Reviews tab, you can view and edit your ratings and comments.
- Edit review: Opens a window where you can edit your rating, comment, or upload a photo.
- Delete review.
On the Photos tab, you can:
- Add photos of locations.
- View the photos you added and track their publication status.
- Delete or move photos around the map.
- Click Add a photo of a location.
- Drag and drop files or upload them from your computer.
- Click Submit.
The photo appears with the “Under moderation” status on the Photos tab under Area.
- Specify the location of the area in the photo:
- Next to the photo, click .
- Select Move a photo on the map.
- Set a placemark where the photo needs to go.
- Click Save.
If the photo meets the requirements and passes moderation, its status changes to “Published” and the photo appears on Yandex Maps.
- Click next to the photo.
- Select Delete image.
- Click Yes, delete.
- General requirements
- Photos can't include adult content, as well as obscene or offensive words or images.
- There shouldn't be any advertising text in the photos.
- Shooting objects
- You may publish photos of populated areas, places of public interest, tourist sites, and beautiful landscapes.
- You may not publish photos of places where photography is prohibited by law or regulations set by the owner of the premises/area (for example, at military installations and restricted-access facilities).
- You may not publish photos of the interiors of private houses.
- You may not publish close-up and medium close-up photos of people or groups of people.
- You may not publish images that don't show the surrounding area or architectural environment.
- Shooting conditions
- You may not publish poor-quality photos, such as those taken in low light.
- Technical requirements
- The minimum resolution is 500 × 500, and the maximum resolution is 7000 × 7000.
- The image format is JPEG.
- The maximum file size is 20 MB.
For your photo to be published on Yandex Maps, make sure that it meets the following requirements:
On the Panoramas tab, you can:
- Add panoramic photos.
- View the panoramas that you added and track their publication status.
- Delete them.
To add a panorama:
- Click Upload panoramas.
To delete a panorama:
- Click next to the panorama.
- Select Delete panorama.
- Click Yes, delete.
On the Fixes tab, you can:
View the list of your fixes.
Track their publication status.
Make new fixes to the map.
To make a fix, click Edit map and select:
- Edit information if you need to edit some information about an existing item on the map. For example, to update an item's name, address, or entrance.
- Add new item if you need to add an item to the map. For example, add an organization, transport stop, or pedestrian crossing.
- Go to Yandex Maps Editor if you want to join the Yandex Maps editor community and create maps.