Click Add campaign. Select the interface where you would like to create and track campaigns:
- Campaign Wizard: Automatic setup.
- Expert mode: Advanced parameters and manual setup.
Select the ad goal: App installs and in-app conversions.
Enter a link to your app page on the AppStore or Google Play. The app data is populated automatically. You can also add a tracking link.
- Step 1. Configure your ad layout
- By default, Yandex.Direct fetches the title and description text from the app store. You can edit them. In the description, tell users about your app, its benefits, or features. Read our recommendations for writing ad texts.
You can add up to four title and text options: Yandex.Direct will automatically create ads from them and show the most effective ones more often.
We recommend that you add as many options as possible for each element. This makes creatives more diverse and improves campaign performance.
- Add up to 15 images and 5 videos to your ad. Images must not contain text. It's better to use an image of 1080 to 5000 pixels, in JPG or PNG format, up to 10 MB in size. Video: maximum 100 MB, from 5 to 60 seconds.
Format MP4, WebM, MOV, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 100 MB Duration Between 5 and 60 sec Aspect ratio 3:1, 2:1, 1.9:1, 16:9, 4:3, 1.91:1, 1:1, 3:4, 4:5, 9:16, 1:2, 1:3 Minimum resolution 360p Recommended resolution 1080p Video frame rate from 20 frames/second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Number of video tracks 1 Minimum quality 44 kHz, 16 Kbit/s, stereo Audio codecs AAC, MP3, Vorbis Number of audio tracks no more than 1 File codec avc1, F4V, isom, M4A, M4V, mmp4, mp41, mp42, qt Cover No Format MP4, WebM, MOV, QT, FLV, AVI Size maximum 100 MB Duration Between 5 and 60 sec Aspect ratio 3:1, 2:1, 1.9:1, 16:9, 4:3, 1.91:1, 1:1, 3:4, 4:5, 9:16, 1:2, 1:3 Minimum resolution 360p Recommended resolution 1080p Video frame rate from 20 frames/second Video codecs H.264, VP6F, VP8, Theora Number of video tracks 1 Minimum quality 44 kHz, 16 Kbit/s, stereo Audio codecs AAC, MP3, Vorbis Number of audio tracks no more than 1 File codec avc1, F4V, isom, M4A, M4V, mmp4, mp41, mp42, qt Cover NoNote. Videos created in Video Builder meet all the above requirements.
Well-chosen images and videos draw more attention to the ad and increase conversions.
To check how your ad will look with different creatives on different ad platforms in the preview area, hover over the desired image and select the placement: Yandex Home page, search results, or advertising network.
- Step 2. Define your audience
Enter the display region for your campaign.
In the advanced settings, add keywords and placements, if needed.
- Step 3. Select a strategy
Set up the tracking system and enter the tracking link. This way you can transmit data from your app to Yandex.Direct to collect statistics and optimize your campaign.
For iOS apps, a campaign for users running a version lower than 14.5 will be created by default. To advertise your app for users running iOS 14.5 and higher, enable the Campaign for iOS 14.5 and higher option. Make sure that your app passed verification and supports the Apple SKAdNetwork API. Recommendations on setting up campaigns for iOS apps.
- If you are using the AppsFlyer or Adjust Mobile Measurement Platforms, you can track the campaign goals that were completed after viewing the ad, even if the ad wasn't clicked. However, in total, you'll pay for the campaign according to the chosen strategy: we'll attribute all conversions to clicks as before. You don't pay for additional installs attributed to impressions. To use this option, specify the tracking link in the strategy settings and in the window that appears select Enable impression attribution.
- Select the targeted goal:
- App installs: If you want to get maximum clicks resulting in app installations.
You can set a fixed cost per install.
- Click on ad: You will pay for each click on your ad.
- In-app event: If you want to attract users who perform a certain action in the app (for example, register).
In this case, a strategy will be selected to help you get the maximum of targeted clicks to your app.
- For campaigns for iOS 14.5 and higher, the "Optimize clicks" strategy is available: select "click" as the targeted goal.
- Specify CPA. How to calculate the optimal conversion cost
- If you select the “App install” goal, the CPI that you specified will be fixed.
- If you selected "Click on ad", enter an average CPC.
- If you select “In-app event”, you specify the average CPC. The actually debited cost might slightly differ from the cost you specified.
- For campaigns for iOS 14.5, specify the CPC.
- If needed, set up bid adjustments for gender, age, or region.
- Step 4. Set a budget
Set your weekly or monthly budget. We recommend setting a budget that will be enough for a month. It will be shown in the campaign settings.
Yandex.Direct will spend money within the specified amount. The campaign will run as long as there is money on the account.
Click Create campaign to submit it for moderation.
- Step 1. Create a campaign and make settings
In the Mobile app field, select an app from the drop-down list or add a new app. You can't change the app after you save the campaign settings.Select a display strategy and placement:
If the app has a tracking link, select a strategy.
For the Optimize conversions strategy, choose the targeted event and specify the average CPA. If you selected app installation as your goal, the system will try to exclude users with the app already installed. Such users will be filtered better if you install AppMetrica.
If a different tracker is installed:
- AppsFlyer: Make sure that transmitting all installations is enabled.
- Adjust: Make sure that the modular integration is used.
If you know the amount you are willing to pay per app install, select the "App installs" goal and enable Pay per installation. The strategy will bring you conversions at the CPA specified on strategy setup. Make sure that you have enabled transmission of data about app installs. Learn more about pay per installation.
For the Optimize clicks strategy, enter the average CPC.
If an app doesn't have a tracking link, the Optimize clicks strategy is available.
For apps that support iOS 14.5 and higher, the attribution system changes. By default, impressions on these OS versions are disabled for campaigns so that conversion tracking can work the same as before. For campaigns that use the Optimize clicks strategy, you can enable impressions on iOS 14.5 and higher. To do this, switch to campaign editing mode and enable Impressions on iOS 14.5 and higher. Learn more about changes to advertising in iOS apps.
Set up the impression schedule.
- Step 2. Set up impression criteria for the ad group
Specify a name for the ad group.
Choose the display region.
Targeting criteria are configured for all the ads in the group. Autotargeting will be enabled by default.
On search, ads can also be triggered by search queries that contain the keywords you entered in their entirety.
- Step 3. Create an ad
Come up with an ad title and text. Describe your product or service, including any advantages or features. Review our recommendations for writing ads. A compelling title and text will help you attract users and improve the CTR of your ads.
In the Tracking link field, a link has already been generated that includes the parameters necessary for collecting campaign statistics (such as its name, group ID, or ad ID). You can add additional parameters to the link that are related to the ad, such as UTM tags.
Select the text for the action button and set the age restriction.
Ad moderation and launching a campaign
After you create your ad, it will be reviewed to make sure it meets all requirements. Click Send to moderation and confirm that you accept the Yandex terms for publishing your ad. Moderators usually review an ad within a few hours. Moderators do not work at night. On weekends and holidays, moderation might take longer than on business days.
Your moderation results will be emailed to the address you provided when you created the ad campaign.
Your ads will begin displaying as soon as Yandex receives your payment.