Site's representation in search results
To learn more about which sources are used to generate the site description in search results and how the description is displayed, see Snippet.
Tell us what your question is about so we can direct you to the right specialist:
- The main page of the site is specified (for example, http://example.com).
- The site address is the same as in Yandex.Webmaster: either with or without the www prefix and with the HTTP or HTTPS protocol.
- The organization's contact information (city, street, house number) is specified fully.
- Find the organization in Yandex.Maps and click the Edit link.
- In the form that opens, enter the correct information about the organization.
- Recommendations on the format and size of favicons
- How do I install a favicon?
- How do I edit or delete a favicon?
- Different site favicons are placed at different URLs. If a site can be accessed at URLs with or without the "www" prefix and over both the HTTPS and HTTP protocols, make sure that the favicon is the same everywhere, or that it is the correct one to index for each of the sites.
- The site is temporarily unavailable. In this case, the robot might download the hosting favicon from the site's parked page.
Learn about changing the URL letter case, what it can affect, what are the requirements for changes, and what are the terms of information updates, in the URL letter case section.
If you still have questions, choose a topic:
Changes are displayed in the search results within two weeks after the request is sent. If the URL letter case doesn't change in the search results in 2 weeks, please let us know:
Learn more about the address snippet and other ways to display business information in the Yandex services in the Information about the organization section.
If the incorrect address is a part of the page description (not the address snippet), choose the “Site title and description” option from the list, describe the situation in as much detail as possible, and provide screenshots.
Specify your question about the address snippet:
The “Addresses on the map” label is displayed if the organization has two or more addresses in the same region. When you click the label, you can see the organization addresses on Yandex.Maps. In this case, the snippet doesn't display the address and phone number.
If your organization has one address but the snippet displays the “Addresses on the map” label, check the information in Yandex.Business. To ask about editing information in Yandex.Business, use this form.
The address snippet is displayed if the site is in the Top 30 Yandex search results. It uses the organization details published in Yandex.Business:
The address snippet data is usually updated within a week after you change the organization card.
If you have a question about editing the organization card in Yandex.Business, use this form.
To learn more about the favicon, see:
If you still have questions, choose a topic:
If you followed all the guidelines for favicon placement, it should be indexed and appear in search results within about two weeks.
The favicon might disappear from search if it wasn't added to the database during the latest update. This is possible if the favicon, site, or host was unavailable during indexing by the special robot.
Also make sure that the favicon is placed correctly. If it is specified correctly, wait for the next update of the favicon database, which takes about two weeks.
This may happen if:
If these causes are resolved and you've followed the guidelines for placing the favicon, the changes will appear in search results within two weeks after they are crawled by the robot.
Yandex supports only examples of partner programs listed in the What data can be sent? section and the markup presented in the Semantic markup section (Schema.org, Open Graph, JSON-LD and microformats).
The markup is created within two weeks. If Yandex doesn't support any of the markup types on the page or the markup is incorrect, it skips it.
Recipe snippets are generated only for sites related to food and cooking.
As Yandex doesn't support markup for breadcrumbs, errors may appear in the validator. These errors don't affect the markup validation.
You should distinguish the micro-markup for products and the Products and prices program. If the site is connected to the “Products and prices” program and has micro-markup, priority is given to the program snippets.
For a detailed description of errors, see Structured data validator.
To learn more about creating and changing the site title and description, see the Snippet section.
Specify your question:
Read about breadcrumbs and how they are formed.
You can read about search suggestions in the Search Help.