Cargo and parcel insurance
From August 29, 2019, all cargo and parcels transported under the Yandex.Taxi Cargo and Delivery service classes are insured for a maximum of RUB 500,000.
How does insurance work for “Cargo” and “Delivery”?
Your property is insured from when the driver/courier arrives (taps Arrived) to when they complete the ride/provide the courier delivery service (taps Finish). If the user cancels their request, the insurance is no longer valid.
If you ordered cargo handlers as part of the Yandex.Taxi “Cargo” service class, the insurance also covers loading and unloading.
Please note that in the “Cargo” service class, the shipping party must be present in the vehicle when shipping under a freight contract.
The insurance covers the damage, destruction or loss of the cargo/parcel. Please note that the insurance does not apply to all cargo types.
- Firearms; signal, pneumatic, and gas weapons, ammunition, bladed weapons (including throwing), electroshock weapons and spark gaps, as well as the main components of firearms.
- Narcotic, psychotropic, highly potent, radioactive, explosive, poisonous, caustic, flammable and other dangerous substances.
- Living and dead animals and plants, human body parts or remains, including ashes, raw animal skins.
- Banknotes of the Russian Federation and foreign currency (cash), travelers checks, securities, bank and payment cards, gold and silver bullion, excise stamps.
- Immunobiological preparations, biological materials, blood.
- Artistic valuables and products, antiques, objects of art (paintings, icons, books, manuscripts, sculptures, etc.), exhibit display items, collections.
- Photo, audio, video or film materials, including pornographic materials.
- Ingots and products from rare-earth metals, precious metals in ingots, precious stones, jewelry.
- Floating equipment, ships and yachts, including oversized.
- Powdered, bulk and liquid bulk cargo without individual or factory packaging.
- Glass and glass porcelain products without special packaging.
- Intellectual property objects (projects, developments, technical documentation, manuscripts, etc.), information carriers.
- Military cargo.
- Fresh fruit, vegetables, mushrooms, berries.
- Vehicles (cargo, passenger, bus).
- Oversized and heavy loads.
- Cargoes requiring climate control.
Additional information on the insurance program can be found in the rules below.
The total of all insurance settlement payments for one insurance event cannot exceed RUB 500,000.
How much does it cost?
Insurance is free.
How do I activate the insurance?
You don't need to activate anything. Insurance is already included for all Yandex.Taxi “Delivery” and “Cargo” requests in Russia.
In what event is compensation paid?
- During transport of the cargo/parcel it was damaged in a traffic accident.
- The cargo/parcel was damaged in transit despite being packaged properly.
- The cargo/parcel was damaged during loading or unloading by the cargo handlers ordered as an option in the Yandex.Taxi “Cargo” service class.
- A parcel in the “Delivery” service class was lost (not delivered) or damaged.
How can I apply for compensation?
- Write us and explain the details of what happened (include photos, if possible). We'll help guide you through the insurance claim process and and forward your message to the insurance company.
- If damages were suffered as the result of a traffic accident, you must be included in the traffic police's incident investigation. Upon its completion, you will be issued an official judgement on the administrative infraction.
- The insurance company will contact you and provide a list of documents required to receive compensation.
- Within two weeks after receiving all required documents, the insurance company will make a decision on your insurance event and transfer money to your bank account.
What are the documents required to apply for compensation?
The insurance company is obligated to provide a complete list.
In most cases, compensation requires:
- the application for insurance compensation
- the claim from the party whose property was damaged
- the traffic accident report
- photos of the damage to the property
More details can be found in the insurance company rules.