Cargo and parcel insurance
How does insurance work for “Cargo”, “Delivery” and “Courier” service classes?
Your property is insured from when the driver or courier arrives (taps Arrived) to when they complete cargo transport or delivery (driver or courier taps Finish). If the user cancels their request, the insurance is no longer valid.
If you ordered a vehicle with cargo handlers as part of the Yandex Go “Cargo” service class, the insurance also covers loading and unloading.
Note that in the “Cargo” service class, cargo transport is carried out by Yandex.Taxi partners under a vehicle charter contract strictly in your presence.
Insurance covers the damage, destruction or loss of the cargo or parcel. Not all cargo types are covered.
Insurance is free.
How to activate insurance
In what event compensation is paid
- The cargo or parcel was damaged in a traffic accident during transport.
- Despite being packaged properly, the cargo or parcel shifted during transit and was damaged.
- The cargo or parcel was damaged during loading or unloading by the cargo handlers ordered as an option in the Yandex.Taxi “Cargo” service class.
- The parcel was lost (short delivered) or damaged during a Yandex.Taxi partner “Delivery” or “Courier” order.
How to apply for compensation
Required documents to apply for compensation
The insurance company is obligated to provide a complete list.
In most cases, compensation requires:
- The application for insurance compensation
- The claim from the party whose property was damaged
- The traffic accident report
- Photos of the damage to the property
These instructions are not a public offer. Please contact Support if you have any unanswered questions about the insurance program.