To redirect users from your domain address to your website, set up an A record for your domain. It should contain the IP address of the server that hosts your website.
You need to set up an A record in Yandex.Connect if you delegated your domain to Yandex servers. When linking a domain to a company, all of the domain's DNS records are automatically carried over to its Yandex.Connect page. If this didn't happen or if you want to add a new website, create an A record in the DNS Editor of Yandex.Connect.
General guide for setting up an A record
Log in to the domain (DNS zone) control panel on your DNS hosting company's website.
If you delegated your domain to Yandex servers, go to the DNS Editor in Yandex.Connect.
Create an A record and set the field values (the field names may be different on different control panels):
- In the Subdomain name (or Host) field:
- To specify the website IP address for the primary domain, enter
- To specify the website IP address for a subdomain, enter the part of the subdomain name that is separated from the primary domain name by a dot. For example, enter
subfor the subdomain
- In the Value field, enter the IP address of the server that hosts your website (for example,
- If you need to fill in the TTL field, enter
- Make a second A record with the same IP address for the
wwwsubdomain. For example, the Host field for the primary domain
yourdomain.tldshould have the
wwwvalue, and the
- If your site has multiple IP addresses, create corresponding A records for each IP address.
Wait for the changes to take effect. It may take DNS servers up to 72 hours to exchange the updated DNS records.