What is a temperature map
The temperature map shows you the current temperature across the world and how it is going to change in the next 36 hours. The warmest regions are shown in red, and the coldest ones are shown in dark blue.
The temperature map is made using the Meteum technology.
Map data is updated every three hours.
How to use the map
- On the Yandex.Weather homepage, in the Weather map block, select the Temperature tab and click Take a look.
- In the top right corner of any page, open Weather map and select Temperature.
- The worldwide forecast for the next few hours: move the slider at the bottom of the page or select the time on the timeline.
- The exact temperature for a specific point: mouse over it or enable the Markers option in the bottom left corner.
- A summary forecast for a specific point. Click on it: a card will open with the weather data for the selected location.
- Wind direction: in the bottom left corner, enable the Animated wind option. For more information about this option, see Wind map.
To switch to other weather maps, use the switch in the top left corner of the map.