Statistics and monetization
- Can I pay to promote my publication's channel?
- How do you decide what ends up on the channel selection screen?
- What order are my articles arranged in on Zen?
- What should I do if my Zen referrals fell?
- Why is my traffic inconsistent?
- Where can I view referral and display statistics?
- How can I make money from Zen?
- Which earnings method is best for me?
- Where can I view information about my funds?
- How do I withdraw money and when will it be available?
- Can I withdraw my money if I was blocked?
- What is the sponsor program?
- Can publishers be sponsored more than once?
Can I pay to promote my publication's channel?
Recommendations are ranked in users' feeds automatically. Articles that match the user's interests and don't violate Yandex.Zen rules will be posted higher up.
Currently, it's not possible to pay to increase your channel's audience.
How do you decide what ends up on the channel selection screen?
The most popular Zen channels end up on that screen automatically.
What order are my articles arranged in on Zen?
Zen arranges recommendations in a feed according to user demand.
Your publications are posted in the Editor in chronological order, but you can sort them by the following:
- Whether article was read
- Whether article was shared
- Number of Likes
- Number of Dislikes
What should I do if my Zen referrals fell?
Why is my traffic inconsistent?
The ranking mechanism factors in both subscribers to your channel and non-subscribers. The more regular readers your channel has, the more stable your traffic.
Where can I view referral and display statistics?
- In the Editor. You can view information about your channel (likes, dislikes, subscribers, blocks) as well as about individual publications (likes, dislikes, clicks, displays) for a given period.
- In Yandex.Metrica or an analogous web-analytics system.
How can I make money from Zen?
When your publications get at least 10,000 referrals a week, you will see a button in the Editor that gives you the option to start earning money. To start earning with Zen:
- Fill out the form in your channel settings.
- Upload the documents and accept the offer.
- Select one of the income options:
- Simple earnings — we will post ads in your publications and you will earn money from them.
- Connect to YAN or other ad systems that do direct sales.
Which earnings method is best for me?
- If you are an independent author or your site was created recently, the simple earnings option is probably best for you. You don't need to spend time working out a contract this way. You can withdraw money from your Yandex.Money wallet at any time by clicking the button.
- If you have a contract with YAN or an ad system that does direct sales, you can post your existing code on your Zen publications.
Where can I view information about my funds?
In the Balance section of the Editor. Your current funds and transaction history is available there.
How do I withdraw money and when will it be available?
You can withdraw any amount from your Zen account on any day of the week and there are no restrictions on the number of withdrawals you can make. To do this:
- Make sure that your form and documents are up-to-date and validated. If they aren't, then validate them.
- Click the button to withdraw funds.
- Confirm your request.
- You can withdraw your funds through PayPal or Yandex.Money.
Can I withdraw my money if I was blocked?
Yes, you can withdraw your balance by clicking the withdraw funds button in the Editor.
What is the sponsor program?
The sponsor program is a Yandex initiative to support new channels on Zen. Every month, the most popular channels on Zen will get additional promotion and can request monetary support. This money is paid out in equal installments over the course of three months.
Can publishers be sponsored more than once?
Yes, it's possible.