During installation, the Yandex app asks for permission to use your location information. You have the option to allow or deny permission, as you see fit. By default, your region is detected based on the location of your device.
Information about your location is used for the following purposes:
- Sites can show you the most relevant information, like the local weather or traffic info on a map.
- The address bar can display accurate search suggestions (for example, about the weather).
- Settings can show a list of search engines that are used in your area.
Set the search region manually
To select a country:
- Go to settings.
- Select a country from the list.
To select a city:
- Open settings.
- Start typing a name and select the city from the list.