Syncing is the exchange of data between the Yandex Start app, the “Yandex” app, and browsers on your devices. The Yandex server is used for intermediate data storage. Data is passed to it over a secure channel, and passwords are passed in an encrypted form. Data on the server is protected by the authorization system used on Yandex services. Using syncing, you can access data from all your devices and restore data if your device is lost or broken.
How syncing works
After you enable syncing, data will be synced each time you change data that is stored on the server. For example, when you save a password on your device, the app sends it to the server and simultaneously downloads all the changes made on your other devices since the last sync.
Use syncing to:
- Use the password and card manager on your synced devices (autofilling passwords, encrypted password vault, and recovery of website access if you forget your master password).
- View open tabs, bookmarks, and history across synced devices.
- Recover passwords, bookmarks, tabs, input forms, and history, even if something goes wrong with your device.
You can turn off syncing or adjust the list of data to sync at any time.
Syncing works if:
- You have the Yandex Start app, “Yandex” app, or Yandex Browser installed on all your devices (computer, smartphone, tablet).
- You use the same Yandex ID on all your devices.
To enable syncing:
- Tap Enable syncing.
- Choose the account you want or tap Add account and enter your Yandex username and password.Tip. If you aren't registered on Yandex yet, tap Register and fill out the account information.
Change the list of data to sync
- Tap Syncing.
- Disable or enable the options (Bookmarks, Passwords, Input forms, Open tabs, and History).
- Tap Syncing.
- Tap Disable syncing.