Terms and definitions
- SERP links
A graphic module that contains brief statistical information about the site.
- External link
- Internal link
- Location-dependent query
A query that is related to a specific region. For example, [taxi] or [buy iphone]. Learn more
- Duplicate page
A site page that duplicates the content of another page on the same site but has a different URL.
- Visited page
A page on your site that the Yandex robot has accessed. These might be indexed pages or pages that returned an error.
- Excluded page
A page added to the Yandex search results but then excluded from them.
- Canonical page
- The page whose URL is specified in the rel= "canonical" attribute. Learn more
The user's click on the site in the Yandex search results page.
- Non-canonical page
- A page that has the rel= "canonical" attribute that specifies the URL of another page. Learn more
The display of the link to the site in the Yandex search results for some query. Potential presence of the link on the second and further search result pages is not considered a display, if the user didn't open the page.
- Popular searches
Phrases with the biggest number of impressions, for which the site was displayed in the search results during the last three months (based on the first 3000 positions).
A system that crawls site pages and loads them into its database.
- A snippet is a block of information about a document that is displayed in the search results. A snippet includes the header, description or annotation of the document, and may also contain additional information about the site. Learn more
- Middle position
- The site position is the ranking on the Yandex search results page, with the link leading to your site. During the day the site can take different positions for the same search terms, so Yandex.Webmaster shows an average value for the entire day.
- Average click position
The average position, on which the site was located at the moment the user clicked on it in the search results.
- Page in search
A page included in the Yandex search. The may be missing from the search results if it duplicates the content of another page, contains spam or viruses, redirects to another URL, or if there was a loading error on the server side.
- A small image displayed in the snippet in Yandex search results, next to the site address in the browser's address bar, and next to the site name in Favorites or Bookmarks in the web browser.
- CTR (clickability, from Click-Through Rate)
- The ratio of the number of clicks on the snippet to the number of its impressions is measured in percent. This indicator determines the effectiveness of the site's snippet page.