URL letter case
You can change the way the site URL is written in the search results. This will make it clearer and more informative for users. This change doesn't affect the ranking in search results.
Requirements for changing the case
Changes to the case must be solely for the purpose of improving readability of the domain name, and must meet the following requirements:
- No more than five uppercase letters in a row are allowed.
- The following can be specified in lowercase only:
- Top-level domains, for example, ru, info, com, com.ua, org.ru, or net.by.
- Prefixes, such as www, w3, or ftp.
- Proper names can begin with a capital letter, if this doesn't contradict point 3. For example, Name.example.com, www.Napoleon.com.
- Capital letters in well-known abbreviations or abbreviations that are supported by the site content are allowed in accordance with the rules of the Russian language. For example, NASA.com, RusPromAuto.ru.
- If all domain name words are separated by hyphens, the case can only be changed in the cases described in point 4 and point 5. For example, Moscow-one-love.ru; VTB-bank.ru.
- If a domain name contains multiple words that are not separated by a hyphen, all words must start with a capital letter (www.SearchEngine.yandex.combut not www.Searchengine.yandex.com or www.Search-EngIne.yandex.com).
How do I switch the case?
- In Yandex.Webmaster, go to thepage.
- In the field, change the site URL spelling and specify the reason for the change.
- Click the Edit button.
Changes take effect after they are verified and the search database is updated.
If the request is rejected, check if the case changes meet the requirements above.