- List of languages supported for visual translation
- Use visual translation
- Turn on visual translation for sentences (not individual words)
- Copy text from the image to the Text tab
- Text isn't recognized
List of languages supported for visual translation
Visual translation is supported for Azerbaijani, English, Bashkir, Bosnian, Greek, Spanish, Italian, Kazakh, Kirghiz, Chinese, German, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Tatar, Tajik, Turkish, Uzbek, Ukrainian, French, Czech, Japanese.
Use visual translation
- Click the Image tab at the top of your screen.
- Click Select file or drag an image to the window.
The service will automatically identify the language from which or to which you want to translate the text from the image. If this doesn't happen, select the languages from the list.
- Change the text recognition mode. To do this, click and choose a mode:
- Words (word translation).
- Lines (translation by line).
- Blocks (translation of all sentences).
- Click on the text highlighted in yellow. The translation appears.
Turn on visual translation for sentences (not individual words)
To get a consistent translation, click and choose the Blocks mode.
Copy text from the image to the Text tab
Click Open in Yandex.Translate. The main page of the service opens, and the text from the image appears in the source text section.
Text isn't recognized
The service can't decipher blurry text or cursive writing. Try to take a clear photo.
Problems with your internet connection may also affect how well text recognition works.