- Use visual translation
- Turn on visual translation for sentences (not individual words)
- The camera button is missing
- The camera doesn't open when I tap the camera button
- Camera doesn't recognize text
- My image looks dark/strange after using visual translation
Use visual translation
To translate text from photos and images, you need to:
Open the app. Tap .
- Take a photo of the text you wish to translate, or choose an image from your Gallery or Camera Roll.
Turn on visual translation for sentences (not individual words)
To translate text in blocks, you need to change the text recognition mode:
Take a photo of the text you wish to translate.
In the lower left corner of the app, tap and select Blocks.
The camera doesn't open when I tap the camera button
- Check whether offline mode is disabled in the app settings. If offline mode is on, turn it off.
- Check your input language. Text recognition from images is possible if the text language is: Azerbaijani, Bashkir, Bosnian, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Tatar, Tajik, Turkish, Uzbek, Ukrainian, Japanese.
Camera doesn't recognize text
The app can't decipher blurry text or cursive writing. Try to take a clear photo.
Problems with your internet connection may also affect how well text recognition works.
My image looks dark/strange after using visual translation
Please contact the developers using the feedback form below. Describe your problem in as much detail as possible and attach a screenshot before you submit your message.