Task markup lets you add correct answers and hints to the tasks, as well as change task types. You can turn a general task into a control task by adding the correct answer, or into a training task by adding the correct answer and a hint.
Add responses or hints
To mark up the tasks:
- Make sure the pool isn't running.
- Click Edit in the Pool tasks block.
- Open the Main, Control tasks or Training tasks tab. Create a control or a training task from another type of task.
- Select the answers that should be checked. (The list of the output data fields is on the right.)
- Click Save and go to next.
In this example, the correct answer is added for the control task. Only the choice in the
result field (Good/Bad/Loading error) is checked.
Improve the reliability of control tasks
After you have created the control tasks, make sure that different variations of correct answers occur with the same frequency. This will help avoid random guessing in responses.
- Go to the task markup page.
- Open thetab.
The distribution of responses is shown as a percentage.
- Example of response distribution