A pool is a set of tasks that are sent out for completion at the same time. For training tasks, it makes sense to create a separate pool. The performers must complete it to proceed to the main tasks. Control tasks are usually added to the pool with the main tasks. It is necessary to set the quality control rule.
Creating a pool
It is better to test the pool and task page settings in the sandbox and then transfer them to the Toloka production version.
To create a pool with main tasks and control tasks:
Click Add pool on the project page.
Set the pool parameters and click Save.
Prepare the data for tasks.
If the tasks have images, audio files or videos, the files need to be stored on the internet (for instance, on Yandex.Disk).
Create a TSV file with input data for tasks.
You can include control task answers in the TSV file or enter them later (at step 6) in task editing mode (to do this, you have to use «smart mixing»).
- Start the pool, to assign tasks to performers.
- Start the training, if it is linked to the pool. Otherwise, performers won't see the pool tasks in the list of available tasks.
Actions with a pool
- Starting and stopping a pool
- You can start a pool if:
To start the pool, click on the pool page or in the list of pools on the project page.
A started pool has the status “Open”. When all pool tasks are completed, the pool automatically switches to the “Closed” status.
To stop giving out the pool tasks before all of them are completed, click on the pool page or in the list of pools on the project page.Tip. New tasks can be uploaded to an open or closed pool.
- Editing a pool
- You can edit a pool only in the “Closed” status. To edit the pool parameters, click Edit at the top of the pool page or in the list of pools on the project page.
- Cloning a pool
- To clone a pool — that is, to create a copy of the pool with the same parameters, click at the top of the pool page, or in the list of pools on the project page.
- Archiving a pool
- A pool with the “Archived” status can't be started or edited. By default, archived pools are not visible in the list of project pools. To view them:The pool is automatically archived if none of the following actions is performed in the pool for a month:
- Open the project page.
- Choose Archived in the drop-down list at the top of the Pools table.
- Uploading tasks.
- Changing status.
- Completing a task.
- Cloning via the Toloka API.