Setting up pricing
The price is indicated for task suite in US dollars. For cents, use the dot (“.”) as a separator.
The minimum price is $0.01. The fee is 20% of the price, but not less than $0.005.
In Toloka there are two ways to set the task price:
Fixed pricing: Sets the price per task suite. The price will be the same for any performer, regardless of their skills and experience.
How do I determine the optimal price?
- Turn on the stopwatch and measure how long it will take to read the instructions and complete several of your tasks. Calculate how many task suites you would complete in an hour and think what price would be fair.
- If your task is not urgent, set a minimum price and see how many performers get interested. This way you can determine the optimal price based on the demand for your tasks.
- Register as a performer (you will need an additional account on Yandex) and estimate the average earnings per hour for different tasks. Try to find tasks similar to yours.
- See examples of pricing for different types of tasks.
Setting up dynamic pricing
To set up dynamic pricing:
- When creating or editing a pool, go to the Price per task suite section.
- Specify a fixed price for the task. This price will be used if the skill is not assigned to the performer.
- Click + Dynamic pricing.
- Choose a skill in the window that opens.
- The skill value is a number from 0 to 100. Set the fee for each range of skill values.
- Example of dynamic pricing settings
You can set a price for your task page on the pool editing page. The minimum price is $0.01.
Here's the general rule of pricing: the more time is needed to complete the task, the higher the price is.
If the task is simple, like if the performer spends a few seconds to assess product relevance, then set the price to $0.01 - $0.02 for 10 tasks (products) on the page.
If you register in Toloka as a performer, you can compare offers from other requesters.
Define the page price, multiply it by the overlap (it's usually 3-5 for a classification task) and add 20% VAT. Try topping up your account by $10 first, then continue topping it up based on the performance dynamics.
You can issue rewards after completion and describe the criteria for increased rewards in your task instructions. You can't change the task suite price dynamically based on the completion results.
Track your money debited for rewards in Profile → Spent tab.