Why was my payment declined?
If your payment for a past trip has been declined by your credit or debit card, you will receive an error message in the app.
In most cases, you'll need to add a new or select a different payment method to resolve any payment issue. However, we have provided additional information on why your transaction request may have been declined and ways to resolve the issue so that you can request rides again.
- If you entered your credit or debit card number incorrectly, you'll need to update your card number in the Payment menu of your app.
- If your credit card or debit card has expired, you'll need to remove this expired card from your account and replace it with an active card.
- If there are insufficient funds in your account, you'll need to transfer funds to your account. You may also add or select a different payment method.
- If you're traveling abroad but have not contacted your bank to authorize international transactions, reach out to your bank to approve transactions in your current location.
- Your bank may have rejected the charge from Uber based fraud logic. You'll need to update your payment method or contact your bank for more info.
- If you've exceeded the withdrawal limit on your account, contact your bank to request an account limit change. You may also add or select a different payment method.
- If you previously reported your credit card as lost or stolen, your bank may be declining all transactions. Contact your bank to notify customer service that the card is no longer lost or stolen.
- If your credit or debit card is not applicable in the app.