Cancelling an Uber ride
You can cancel a trip at any time before or after you've been paired with a driver but in some situations, you may be charged a fee.
Canceling an Uber ride
To cancel before you are paired with a driver:
- Tap the white info bar at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap Cancel.
- You'll be asked to confirm. Tap Yes.
To cancel after you've been paired with a driver:
- Tap the driver info bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Cancel Trip.
- You'll be asked to confirm the cancellation.
Once a trip has started, you can end it by notifying your driver that you'd like to be dropped off. The driver will end the trip for you.
If you accidentally cancel a trip while you're on the way to your destination, your driver can still take you to your destination, and then request a fare adjustment.
Cancellation fees help ensure faster pickups for riders. Cancellation fee amounts differ by city and vehicle option.
You may be charged a cancellation fee in the following situations:
- You cancel the trip after your driver arrived.
- Your driver cancels the trip 10+ minutes after arriving.