You can link a bank card to your account to quickly pay for goods and services on Yandex. You won't have to enter your card details every time you pay: this data will be fetched automatically. You might only need to specify your CVC/CVV.
The card will be linked to your account and displayed in Yandex.Passport if you:
- Specified your card details in your Yandex.Passport profile.
- Linked the card to an app or a Yandex service (such as to pay for rides in Yandex.Taxi).
- Used the card to make a payment on Yandex (such as buying tickets on Yandex.Afisha) and allowed the service to save your card details for future purchases.
You can unlink a card from your account at any time in Yandex.Passport or the service you used to link this card.
What cards can be linked
You can link Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard, Maestro, and Mir debit and credit cards. Linking may not work if the card doesn't support online payments. To check if your card can make online purchases, contact your bank.
The bank card must be protected with 3D Secure technology, otherwise you won't be able to link it. Banks generally enable this protection by default. In this case, all payments you make on the internet must be confirmed with one-time passwords that the bank sends via SMS. If your card does not support this technology, contact your bank.
How to link a bank card
- Go to Account management.
- In the Bank cards section, click Add bank card.
- Enter the card number and expiration date.
- Enter the CVC or CCV code (usually located on the back of a card).
- Click the Link button. If the button is inactive, make sure that the entered data is correct.
You can link up to 5 cards to an account. To add a new card, remove an existing one.
We hold a small amount (up to ₽2) on your account to check if your card is valid. The money isn't deducted and becomes available again after the check is finished. If the amount held is not returned, contact support and provide the card number, your Yandex account info, and the name of the Yandex service that you used to link the card.
How to use multiple linked bank cards
You can link multiple cards. In this case, when you buy tickets, movies, or subscriptions, the service asks you to choose one of them for payment.
For services such as Yandex.Drive and Yandex.Taxi, you can specify a default card. You can do this in the respective app settings.
In Yandex.Passport, I see a bank card that I didn't addIt's possible that you linked this card in another Yandex service. If you see a card that is not yours, you can unlink it.
If you believe that someone else linked the bank card to your account:
How to unlink a card
- Go to Account management.
- In the Bank cards section, hover over the linked card.
- In the upper-right corner, click the icon that appears.
- Choose Remove.