descriptionelement to pass a detailed description of your product (such as its features, advantages, and purpose). Data will appear:
- In the Yandex.Market search results, in your offer section (if the category is without a profile).
- On the “Prices” page of the product profile, in your offer section, and on your offer page (if the category is with a profile).
sales_noteselement for that.
- Example of a product description (YML)
<offer> ... <description>Односторонний матрас средней жесткости на основе блока независимых пружин EVS 500. Наполнители: пенополиуретан и латексированная кокосовая койра. Размер: 90x195 см, высота: 17 см. Максимальный вес на одно спальное место: 100 кг.</description> </offer>
Why provide a description
- Attract more customers: your offer will stand out among others.
- Get targeted traffic: the users will get detailed information about the product on Yandex.Market and go to your website to purchase it.
Maximum text length in the
descriptionelement is 3,000 characters (including spaces).
- It is not allowed to use data that do not belong to the product description:
- Phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, ICQ numbers, instant messenger usernames, or any URL links.
- The words “discount”, “sale”, “cheap”, “gift” (except for gift categories), “gratis”, “promotion”, “special price”, “free”, “new”, “equivalent”, “order”, “hit”.
- Terms of sale of the product, such as information about promotions or prepayment (to be sent in the
- Region where the product is sold.
- Information about different product modifications (for example, you cannot write “variations available”). Create a separate offer for each modification.
In a YML price list, the description may include text with XHTML tags, but this data can only be included in the character data (CDATA) section:
<![CDATA[ Text using XHTML markup ]]>Attention. If you use XHTML markup, be sure that the price list is validated on the page.
Rules for using XHTML tags in YML
You can use the following XHTML tags:
<h3>...</h3>— for indicating a header.
<ul>...</ul>— for creating a bulleted list where each item must be enclosed in the tags
<p>...</p>— for creating a new text paragraph.
<br/>— for creating a line break, but no more than two in a row.
Follow the XHTML general rules, including:
You must always include a closing tag.
Tags must be correctly nested within each other.
Tags must be arranged in the correct order.
Do not use styles. They are not supported.
- Example of a description that uses XHTML tags:
<offer> ... <description> <![CDATA[ <h3>One-sided medium firm mattress with individual pocket springs EVS 500</h3> <p>Fillers:</p> <ul> <li>polyurethane foam</li> <li>latex coconut coir</li> </ul> ]]> </description> ... </offer>