Statistics on the recommendation widget
Monitoring statistics on recommendations
- Recommendation totals (factors in impressions and clicks for individual recommendations).
- Grouped view (factors in impressions and clicks for the widget itself).
- Recommendation widget CTR. Clicks are not added up within one widget impression. If one widget impression yielded multiple clicks, only the first one counts towards the total (you can view the totals by checking the Recommendation widget clicks metric).
- Recommendation widget CTR including multiple clicks per widget. Clicks are added up within one widget impression (you can view the totals by checking the Clicks on individual recommendations).
- Go to Statistics → Monetization report.
- Set the desired parameters with the designer.
- Go to Products → Content sites.
- Find your website in the list and click Edit.
- On the General tab, enable the option Show YAN reports in Yandex.Metrica.
- Enter the tag ID.
- Click Save.
- Recommendation widget, clicks — lets you gauge how recommendation clicks affect session metrics, including page depth and average session revenue.
- Recommendation widget, most popular — lets you view which recommendations garnered more clicks from users.
The statistics can be presented in two formats:
Recommendation impressions are tracked for each individual piece of content provided at least 50% of the widget cell stayed on-screen for at least 2 seconds.
Each recommendation impression counts as a widget impression. The following rules apply when calculating metrics:
To view statistics for recommendations, do the following:
After linking your website to Yandex.Metrica, you will be able to access a new report section: Standard reports → Monetization → Recommendation widget. You will find two reports there:
Recommendation widgets include YAN tools that let you view ad statistics. To view standard reports, open and click Statistics next to the desired widget. If you need to create a complex report that tracks some specific metrics, use the designer.
Ad block impressions are only considered valid if at least 50% of the ad displayed in the widget stayed on-screen for at least 2 seconds.