Recommendation widget statistics
Monitoring statistics on recommendations
- Recommendation totals (factors in impressions and clicks for individual recommendations).
- Grouped view (factors in impressions and clicks for the widget itself).
- Recommendation widget CTR. Clicks for the same widget impression are not aggregated. Only the first click counts. The number of such clicks corresponds to the indicator named Recommendation widget clicks.
- Recommendation widget CTR including multiple clicks per widget. Clicks for one widget impression are aggregated. The number of such clicks corresponds to the statistic Clicks on individual recommendations.
- Go to Statistics → Monetization report.
- Set the desired parameters with the designer.
- Go to Products → Content sites.
- Find your website in the list and click Edit.
- Open the General tab and enable the option Show YAN reports in Yandex.Metrica.
- Enter the tag ID.
- Click Save.
- Recommendation widget, clicks — Lets you gauge how recommendation clicks affect session metrics, including page depth and average session revenue.
- Recommendation widget, most popular — Lets you view which recommendations garnered more clicks from users.
It's available in two versions:
Recommendation impressions are tracked for each individual piece of content provided at least 50% of the widget cell stayed on-screen for at least 2 seconds.
The impression counts for the whole widget as long as at least one recommnedation is shown. Statistics are calculated according to the following rules:
To view statistics for recommendations, do the following:
After linking your website to Yandex.Metrica, you will be able to access a new report section (Standard reports → Monetization → Recommendation widget). You will find two reports there:
Recommendation widgets include YAN tools that let you view ad statistics. To view standard reports, open and click Statistics next to the desired widget. You can generate a complex report on specific stats using the constructor.
Ad block impressions are only considered valid if at least 50% of the ad displayed in the widget stayed on-screen for at least 2 seconds.