Managing ad platforms
In the Yandex Advertising Network, a platform (or advertising platform) is the combination of places for showing ads on a single website and any mirrors.
There are two types of Yandex Advertising Network ad platforms:
- A site search ad platform is for serving ads in site search results to match the context of the user's search terms. These types of platforms can host Yandex.Direct search blocks and Premium Placement blocks.
Creating an ad platform
To create a new platform, go to the list of platforms (Add platform. Select a platform domain from the list and enter the name of your platform. Several platforms of the same type may exist for one site.or ) and click
After saving, the ad platform will be assigned a unique identifier (
Page ID) and appear in the list of ad platforms with the status Testing (for a site that's already passed moderation) or New.
When blocks are created for this platform, their code is installed on the site, and impressions start, the status changes to Working.
Configuring the platform
Click Edit to change platform settings.
The following settings can be configured for the whole platform (but not for specific blocks).
- The family filter restricts serving ads related to certain topics.
- Behavioral targeting serves ads based on user interests (only for content sites).
- Images can be blocked in Yandex.Direct ads (only for content sites).
- Competitor ads can be blocked for Yandex.Direct ads.
- Mirrors allow you to add copies of your website where you also want to display Yandex ad blocks.
You can also specify your website's language. The language is selected for elements of ads and blocks, but does not impact the content of the ads. Ad impressions are selected for each user on an individual basis. You can select between Russian (ru), Ukrainian (uk), English (en), Belarusian (by), Kazakh (kz), Turkish (tr), and Tatar (tt) languages.
When a platform is saved in the interface, Yandex.Metrica automatically creates a new tag within 30 minutes to evaluate site performance.
After you place ad blocks created for this platform on website pages, Yandex.Metrica starts collecting traffic statistics for these pages. This data is included in reports: click Metrica reports in the line with the required platform.
Stopping and archiving the ad platform
To stop displaying all ad blocks on a particular platform, click thebutton. To resume ad impressions, click .
A platform that doesn't have statistics for impressions and clicks can be archived. To do this, click. If the platform has accumulated statistical data, first stop ad impressions on this platform and then add it to the archive.
You can restore archived platforms on the Archive tab.