Advertising on Turbo pages
Turbo pages are special light versions of pages that load about 15 times faster than regular pages. This allows you to almost instantly show ads to your site users, even with a slow internet connection.
Page contents are cached on Yandex servers and loaded at the same time as the search results. The browser automatically generates Turbo pages using a generic template: site logo, illustrations, full page text, ad block, and additional content.
Turbo pages are displayed in Yandex search results. If the site is connected to Yandex.News or Yandex.Zen as a publisher, site content will also be displayed in these services as Turbo pages. Learn more about “Turbo pages”.
- Advantages of this technology
- Reduces your bounce rate and generates additional traffic. Turbo pages load 15 times faster than regular pages using a 3G connection. This helps you reduce the bounce rate by an average of 30%.
- Reduced load on your server. By using the dedicated content delivery infrastructure, you can reduce the number of requests to your server.
- Extended snippets in search. Use of Turbo pages is one of the factors for generating extended snippets in search results.Attention. Enabling Turbo pages doesn't guarantee that you'll have extended snippets.
- Automatic ad placement. When using automatic ad placement, the number of ads and favorable slots are selected automatically. This helps you increase your monetization revenue by an average of 40%.
- Automatic recommendation feed. The automatic feed is created from similar pages on your site. When you enable the feed, such pages are shown sequentially one after another. This helps you increase your number of impressions up to 30%.
- Simple integration with an export file in RSS format.
- Turbo pages in a nutshell
Displaying Turbo pages on Yandex services
In search results, Yandex.News, Yandex Zen, and other Yandex services, Turbo pages are labeled with special rocket icons: .
|Search||If your site is already indexed in Yandex search results.|
|If you are a partner of Yandex.News.|
|If you publish posts in Yandex Zen.|
Ad blocks for Turbo pages
Members of the Yandex Advertising Network can monetize content on Turbo pages by using ad blocks.
When creating an ad block in the Visual Code Designer, select Turbo pages in the Site version step. We recommend that you create Motion animated blocks. Learn more about fixed-size and adaptive blocks for mobile sites.
If you use ADFOX you can create blocks to put on Turbo pages using the ADFOX interface:
- Yandex Ad Network blocks.
- ADFOX blocks with ads from direct advertisers and third-party demand platforms.
For more information, see ADFOX Help.
Adding blocks to a Turbo page
In order for ad blocks to appear on a Turbo page, you need to add
yandex: adNetwork elements to the export file and indicate the IDs of the YAN blocks or the ADFOX block insertion codes in them. You can also specify where ad blocks should be displayed on the page. Learn more about the export file
We recommend spacing ad blocks at least 250 words apart.