Creating your first ad block
Fill out the application. Make sure that the information you provide is accurate, since we use this information to pay you for advertising.
To start displaying content-based ads, you need to create an ad platform, add an RTB block, and embed the code on your site. Ads will be selected based on the site content or the interests of a particular site user.
- Step 1. Creating an ad platform
- Step 2. Creating an RTB block
- Step 3. Embedding the ad block code on your website
- What should I do next?
Step 1. Creating an ad platform
Open the page with the list of platforms (Add platform. Select the domain of the site where you want to display ads. Enter the name of the site — this will help you find it later in the list of all sites.) and click
After saving, the platform will be displayed in the list with the status New, and moderation begins. When the site passes moderation, the status will change to Testing. You will receive an email at the address you provided in the form. Moderation can take up to 7 days.
When the site status changes to Working, you can start creating a block.
Step 2. Creating an RTB block
To create a block, open Add an RTB block.and click
- 1. General settings
In the list, select the platform that you created in the previous stage. Specify any name you want for the block. This name will help you find it later in the list of all the blocks. The Privacy level setting restricts what kind of information about your ad platform is transmitted to third-party advertising systems. To start, we recommend leaving it set to Full, because a high privacy level (Don't send or Minimal) may reduce your revenue from the ad block.
- 2. Site version
Depending on the version of your site, different sets of ad block formats will be available to you.
- Desktop — formats that are suitable for displaying ads on desktop computers, laptops, and tablets.
- Mobile — special formats that are suitable for being displayed on mobile phones and smartphones.
- Turbo pages — special ad block formats that are suitable for sites that use the Turbo technology. Turbo pages cannot be used to display ad blocks in other formats (for example, for mobile versions of your site).
- AMP pages — special ad block formats that are suitable for sites that use the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) technology. AMP pages cannot be used to display ad blocks in other formats (for example, for mobile versions of your site).
If your site uses adaptive layout, you don't need to provide different blocks for different versions of the site. Create an ad block for the desktop version and it will adapt to all versions of the site.
- 3. Yandex.Direct
This setting allows you to select ad formats that are suitable for serving Yandex.Direct ads on your site. Try to follow these recommendations:
- Vertical blocks are suitable for placing to the right or left of the main content of the site page.
- Horizontal blocks are suitable for placing ads above or below the content of pages, and they fit well between paragraphs.
Recommended formats depending on the version of the site:
- Desktop — horizontal or vertical poster
- Mobile — motion
- Turbo pages — adaptive
- 4. Media ads
This setting allows you to select media banner formats that will work for your site. The Recommended format list contains formats that match the form factor selected in the previous step. It's not a good idea to change these settings for the first ad block. Selecting the wrong format might break the layout of your site.
- 5. Strategy
TheMaximum revenue strategy is selected by default, and this is what we recommend using for your first ad block. This strategy utilizes all available traffic and does not require any manual management.
Click Create. The ad block will appear in the list on .
Step 3. Embedding the ad block code on your website
Ad displays in the block will begin within 30 minutes after the code is placed on the site.
What should I do next?
After the ad impressions begin in the block, you will be able to analyze statistics to find out how effective your ad block is. In the future, you can experiment with settings in order to increase revenue from ad impressions.