Setting up mediation
Follow these steps to set up mediation for mobile.
Step 1. Add a mobile app
Open the Mobile mediation tab in YAN and click Add app. Add a store link to your app (App Store or Google Play) and click Create app.
The app you added will then appear in the list. You can also use this page to view the total number of requests, renderings, and filled fields for each placement.
Step 2. Add a placement
Go to your app's ad placement list. To do this, choose your app in the list. Click Add placement on the page that opens. Specify the placement's name and format:
- Banner — placed over the app's main content, usually at the top or bottom of the screen
- Full-screen ad — covers the app's content completely, displayed between a user request and a response from the app (such as getting to the next level in a game).
- Native ad — seamlessly integrated into the app's main content to look organic.
- Rewarded video — used when monetizing games. Watching these videos earns the user a reward or in-game currency. Please specify the currency used in your game and the reward you wish to give players for viewing a video ad. You can use the Callback URL field to add a link to your app's backend if you want to transfer currency to users from a server. This is an optional field.
Click Create placement. Your ad placement will appear in the list with a unique ID. You can also use this page to view the total number of requests, renderings, and fill rate for each placement.
To configure a YAN block, go toand use the search field to find the block with the same name.
Step 3. Create ad blocks for external demand platforms
YAN chooses the right format and creates a block automatically. You can find it at. You can edit settings as necessary.
Each external demand platform you want to add needs its own ad block created in the demand platform's interface. Refer to the setup guides for some of the demand platforms listed below.
- Click the Apps tab, then click Add app to add your app.
- Enter your app's URL used in the Google Play store. After that AdMob will prompt you to create an ad block and select the ad format.
- After selecting the format enter the name of your ad block and click Create ad block.
- If you want to add an ad block into a pre-existing app, click the name of your app in the table, which will open the app details page, and click Add ad block.
- Go to the Ad blocks section on the app details page. Find the
Ad block IDparameter for the ad block you need and copy the value specified for that parameter. You will need that value when adding a banner in your ADFOX account as a value for the
- Click the APPS tab, then click CREATE APP to add your app.
- Enter your app's URL used in the Google Play store. After that myTarget will automatically create an ad block, prompting you to choose the format: “Banner”, “Interstitial”, or “Native”. After selecting the format click ADD AD UNIT.
- If you want to add an ad block to a pre-existing app, click the name of your app in the table to open the app details page, and click ADD AD UNIT.
- The app details page includes a table with ad blocks. Click the ad block you want to manage. Find the Ad unit parameters section and the parameter
slot_id, then copy its value. You will need that value when adding a banner in your ADFOX account as a value for the
- Register or log in to your MoPub account.
- Click the Apps tab, then click NEW APP to add your app.
- Choose Android as your app's platform, then fill in App name and App package name. Select the primary and secondary app categories from the list that opens.
- Select the device type (Phone or Tablet) and enter your ad block's name. We recommend disabling banner auto-updates. Click Save to create your block.
- You will see a window with the Ad unit ID. Copy the value of this parameter. You will need this value when adding a banner in your ADFOX account as a value for the
- If you want to add an ad block into a pre-existing app, go to the Apps tab and choose the app you wish to create an ad block for. Click New ad unit on the app details page.
- You must have a contract with the Facebook Audience Network.
- Receive your placement ID. To do this, go to Copy ID. You will need this value when adding a banner in your ADFOX account as a value for theand click
Step 4. Set up your ad placement monetization
If you want to enable an ad block for an external demand platform, click the General tab and specify that block's ID and the minimum CPM threshold to choose ads based on. The ad block to display an ad is selected automatically between demand platforms linked to the ad space in question. You can add up to 100 blocks for one demand platform, but only some of them will be selected based on what works best for you. By default, blocks are selected in ascending order starting from the lowest CPM.
Choose the currency of the minimum CPM threshold for all ad blocks used on this demand platform. Enable the Active status for your demand platform. Don't forget to enable mediation on the app page.
You can set CPM thresholds based on the user's country in the Ad serving area tab. This lets you increase revenue you receive from impressions with flexible management of the minimum price: you can set a higher CPM for some countries, and completely block ads for others.
Set the minimum CPM threshold for ad placements in the desired country or region. No blocks with the threshold below the value you set will be displayed.
You can use the Blocks column to view the number of blocks eligible for ad rotation under the applied region settings. For example, a demand platform has three blocks with CPM of 50, 80, and 100 respectively. The minimum CPM for the CIS region is set to 75. This means that all ads with CPM set at 80 and 100 will be included in the rotation.
Each demand platform's ad placement settings show the platform's status, ad serving area, and enabled ad blocks with their respective CPM thresholds.