Managing ad platforms
In the Yandex Advertising Network, a platform (or advertising platform) is the combination of places for showing ads on a single website and any mirrors.
There are two types of Yandex Advertising Network ad platforms:
- A site search ad platform is for serving ads in site search results to match the context of the user's search terms. There are two types of Yandex Direct search ads that can be displayed on these websites:
Note. Search sites are only available for resources with more than 20 million unique users per month. If your website meets this requirement, send an application to our support service to register.
“Premium placement”: Ads displayed above search results.
“Guaranteed placement”: Ads displayed under search results.
Creating an ad platform
To create a new platform, go to the list of platforms (Add platform. Select a platform domain from the list and enter the name of your platform. Several platforms of the same type may exist for one site.) and click
Each ad platform can host up to 200 active ad units. You should move unused ad units to the archive.If you need to use more than 200 units on one ad platform, please contact our support team.
Page ID) and appear in the list of platforms with one of the following statuses:
- New — Used for sites you create after registering.
- Under moderation — Used for the platforms of the site that have been submitted for moderation.
- Testing — Used for the platforms of the site that have passed moderation.
After a while, your website's status will automatically change to Working.
You receive remuneration for the impressions of ad units placed on sites with the Working status.
Configuring the platform
Click Edit to change platform settings.
The following settings can be configured for the whole platform (but not for specific units).
- Behavioral targeting serves ads based on user interests (only for content sites).
- Images can be blocked in Yandex Direct ads (only for content sites).
- Block unwanted ads for Yandex Direct ads.
- Mirrors allow you to add copies of your website where you also want to display Yandex ad units.
- Add a Yandex Metrica tag with full functionality and link it to the platform.
You can also specify your website's language. The language is selected for elements of ads and units, but does not impact the content of the ads. Impressions are selected for each user on an individual basis. You can select between Russian (ru), Ukrainian (uk), English (en), Belarusian (by), Kazakh (kz), Turkish (tr), and Tatar (tt) languages.
Yandex Metrica reports
When a platform is saved in the interface, Yandex Metrica automatically creates a new tag within 30 minutes to evaluate site performance.
After you place ad units created for this platform on website pages, Yandex Metrica starts collecting traffic statistics for these pages. This data is included in reports: click Metrica reports in the line with the required platform. To learn more, see Reports for evaluating the efficiency of monetization.
Stopping and archiving the ad platform
To stop displaying all ad units on a particular platform, click thebutton. To resume impressions, click .
A platform that doesn't have statistics for impressions and clicks can be archived. To do this, click. If the platform has accumulated statistical data, first stop impressions on this platform and then add it to the archive.
You can restore archived platforms on the Archive tab.