To show visual traffic information, tap Traffic (to hide it, just tap again).
The traffic level is indicated by color:
- — traffic is moving freely
- — traffic is moving slower in this area
- — traffic jams
- — traffic is obstructed
- — no reliable data
When this mode is turned on, the Traffic button displays information about the traffic level using a point scale:
- — many traffic jams throughout the city
- — average road congestion, some jams
- — no traffic jams
- Blinking yellow means that traffic data is being uploaded from the network.
Traffic conditions are measured on a ten-point scale:
- 1 — Roads are clear.
- 2 — Roads are mostly clear.
- 3 — There are some points of congestion.
- 4 — There are some points of congestion.
- 5 — Heavy traffic.
- 6 — Bumper-to-bumper traffic.
- 7 — Serious traffic jams.
- 8 — Traffic is backed up for kilometers.
- 9 — It is impossible to drive through the city.
- 10 — It would be faster to walk.
Yandex.Traffic displays information provided by users of Yandex.Maps and Yandex.Navigator. This data is obfuscated and confidential.
The more frequently data is received, the more up-to-date the information on the map is. The traffic display changes in accordance with whatever new data becomes available (if there are no updates after a given time has passed, then traffic will stop displaying).