Requirements and restrictions for Session Replay 1.0
- Support for the new code snippet
By default, Yandex.Metrica uses a new code snippet that supports Session Replay 2.0. If you want to use Session Replay 1.0, select the Obsolete code snippet option.
- Limit on period for storing recordings
- Attention. Data is stored for 15 days, including the current day.
- Recommended site encoding
- Session Replay records user actions correctly if UTF-8 encoding is used on the site.
- Valid HTML layout on pages
- If there are a large number of HTML markup errors (such as unclosed tags or incorrect nestings), this may lead to inaccuracies in session replays. Session Replay usually adapts to such errors, but having correct HTML structure on site pages is preferable.
- Recording pages with flexible layout
- Sessions on pages with flexible layouts will be replayed correctly, even if the resolution of the user’s screen is not the same as the replay screen. During playback, you might see small cursor jumps due to a different relative positioning of elements on the recorded and replayed pages.
- Browser support
Session Replay supports recording in most modern desktop browsers: Yandex.Browser, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer. There is limited support for recording sessions in beta versions and in certain mobile browsers.
In order for Session Replay to work correctly in Safari 12, disable Prevent cross-site tracking.
Different browsers may process the same page in different ways. This means that to accurately replay a session, you should use the same browser as it was originally recorded in.