Session Replay technology lets Yandex.Metrica users analyze the behavior of site users in more detail than ever before. Site owners can replay user actions exactly as they occurred, to see what happens on each page and how users navigate, right down to every mouse movement, keystroke and click.
Detailed analyses of user behavior help site owners to iron out navigation and usability problems and increase the site conversion rate.
For all this data to be available, you need to activate Session Replay:
- In the Yandex.Metrica interface, go to Settings and open the Counter code tab.
- Enable the option Session Replay, scroll map, form analytics and click Save.
- Install the updated counter code on all the site's pages.
After you install the counter, configure Session Replay.
Analyze your site
Even at a glance, the Session Replay data can tell you a lot about how users navigate your site, what difficulties they encounter, and why they perform or don’t perform certain actions. If your site handles a lot of traffic, it doesn’t make sense to examine each and every session individually. It would be more useful (not to mention practical) to sort users into different groups, take samples from each group and analyze behavior that way. Yandex.Metrica gives you everything you need:
- See highly detailed information about each session including the traffic source, ad campaign, search query, time since last session and much more.
- Use the comprehensive filter system to group sessions by any parameter or combination of parameters.
- Set goals to sift out conversions from non-converting sessions.
What to look for
You should pay particular attention to user behavior on the main pages of your site. These are the pages where users perform key actions or make important decisions. These pages include:
These are the first pages that users see once they’ve clicked on your ad. They are particularly important.
Make sure that your registration page is intuitive.
- Search form (product search).
- Product catalog.
- Product info.
- Order confirmation page.
- Payment page.
You should also examine processes on your site, such as the registration or order confirmation process. Session Replay can help you find out during which stage of the registration process you tend to lose users or whether your order confirmation process is straightforward enough.
If you have questions about Session Replay, review the information about configuring Session Replay and the frequently asked questions.