Requirements and restrictions for Session Replay 2.0
- Limit on period for storing recordings
- Data is stored for 15 days, including the current day.
- Limit on number of recordings per day
- Session Replay records up to 150,000 sessions a day with a margin of error. The system provides a representative sample by recording a spread of sessions throughout the day.
- Recommended site encoding
- Session Replay records user actions correctly if UTF-8 encoding is used on the site.
- Valid HTML layout on pages
- If there are a large number of HTML markup errors (unclosed tags, incorrect nestings, etc.), this may lead to inaccuracies in session replays. Session Replay usually adapts to such errors, but having correct HTML structure on site pages is preferable.
- Recording pages with flexible layout
- Sessions on pages with flexible layouts will be replayed correctly, even if the resolution of the user’s screen is not the same as the replay screen. During playback, you might see small cursor jumps due to different relative positioning of elements on the recorded and replayed pages.
- Support for pages with iframe and canvas
- Session Replay doesn't record the site content if it is displayed in an iframe or canvas element.
- Recording video and audio content
- Session Replay doesn't record the content of HTML audio and video elements and how the user interacts with them, if the Audio and Video objects are modified inside these elements.
- Recording Flash content
- Session Replay records Flash content on the site, but it doesn't play back the user's interaction with this content.
- Support for Shadow DOM
- Browser support
Session Replay records sessions in most modern desktop browsers: Yandex.Browser, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Internet Explorer. There is limited support for recording in beta versions and in certain mobile browsers. There is also limited playback of sessions in any version of Internet Explorer.
Different browsers may process the same page in different ways. This means that to accurately replay a session, you should use the same browser as it was originally recorded in.